Monday, June 8, 2020

Some progress this week

Here it is the start of another week and yes week 13 of staying home as much as possible in Ontario.
Roses - May 31st

Roses - here is a project that got some attention this week and I am very happy about it. It looks like I did a lot of stitching but all of what I did was 2,000 little x's.  This project is working up fairly quickly, and even when I don't have a lot of time to work on it, I am seeing some good progress which makes me feel good.

It has been fun working on this piece and seeing the progress that I have been able to make.  I don't spend a lot of time each day working on this, but things appear quickly.  What was a lot of fun over the weekend was working on the leaves at the bottom of the design, and getting the ladybug stitched.
Roses - June 7 Below the ladybug which isn't in the picture is the very bottom of the design.  I have now got down to the bottom and am now working towards the left of the design to get it finished.

I am not sure if this project is going to get as much attention this week as I am thinking that I might need a bit of a change.  It is fun to work on this piece but we will see what happens over the next week.

English Paper Piecing - I decided it was time to work on getting Runner - March 1some of the runner worked on that has been sitting without a lot of attention since the beginning of March of this year.  I have been making motifs to add to the runner, but haven't worked on getting the actual runner moved forward.

This weekend I decided it was time to try and make some progress and I sat in the evenings and worked on joining more of the motifs to the actual runner.  It is starting to look more like I expected and now to continue to add more and more of the little motifs to it.

The runner is a great project to work on when I only have a few minutes or the lighting isn't the best.  I have been making motifs while sitting on the balcony and joining them together in the evenings.
Runner - June 7

I hope that I can continue to work on this piece as it would be nice to get more of the motifs made and also joined onto the runner.


I hope everyone is still staying safe and you are finding the time to do things that you enjoy doing.  Life has been very different in the last three months, but at least it looks like things are starting to open up again.

I hope everyone has a good week, and you find the time to do something for yourself each day. It doesn't have to be a lot of time but make sure you can do something even for a few minutes makes a big difference. Have a good week, and I will see what I can get done.

No comments: