Monday, January 27, 2020

A little bit of progress

Aussie Friends - January 12
Aussie Friends - January 25
Here it is Monday, and I have to admit that the last couple of weeks have been extremely busy and finding time to even do a few minutes of something for myself each day has been a challenge.  This coming week doesn't look much better, so we will have to see how the week goes.  I was able to find a bit of time to stitch, so do have some progress over the last couple of weeks.

Aussie Friends - this is a charity fundraiser page by Sassy Jacks Stitchery and for every piece that is stitched and shared with them, a donation will be made to assist the fire recovery in Australia.  This project didn't take me very long to stitch once I was able to sit and work on it.  The squirrel and acorns are part of Sassy Jacks, and the koala, eucalyptus branch and the flora represent Australia.

I am not sure how I am going to finish this piece, but at least the stitching has been completed, and I have shared it with Sassy Jacks.

There are a few more charity fundraiser patterns, and I might be picking up at least one more, but I will wait and see what I feel like later on this week.  The biggest challenge is deciding which patterns that I really like and which ones I will actually stitch.

Simple shawl - January 26
Simple Shawl - I decided that while things were going a little crazy around here, I would try and pick up a project that was simple and maybe I could get some of it done.  Last weekend I picked up some of the yarn that I have around and started to work on this shawl.  It is based on one of the scarves that I knit last year, but instead of doing the eyelets and other parts of the pattern, I am doing a simple garter stitch shawl.  This means that I can pick up and knit the piece, and I don't have to worry about what row I am now and what pattern I should be working on.

The pattern starts out with 3 stitches, and I am now at 84 stitches, and I will be working on this shawl until I have finished the two balls of yarn that I have for it.  I am not sure how big it will be, but at least it will help me use up some of my yarn as well as get something made.


I hope everyone has a good week this week, and you can find even a few minutes each day to do something that you love doing.  It is now time for me to get the work done that is currently sitting here on my desk and then see how the rest of this week goes.

One thing that I am doing this coming weekend is helping at the Walk for Memories in support of the Alzheimer's Society of Toronto.  I do have a donate page, and if you would like to make a donation, please click this link My page

Have a great week and hopefully I will have something to show next week.

No comments: