Monday, March 18, 2019

Progress and a small finish

Unleash the Butterflies - March 9
 It is Monday morning and I am happy to say that I was able to get some progress last week on a couple of projects.

Unleash the Butterflies - March 17
Unleash the Butterflies - now this is a project that I am trying to get some progress on and it is taking quite a bit of time to see much progress on it but I am still working on it and loving it.  I was able to spend some time this weekend working on it and have been able to move things forward a bit.

I hope that I can continue to stitch on this piece as I would like to see if I can get a little closer to a page finish before the end of the month.  I don't think the page finish will happen until April but at least seeing a bit more progress on the overall page would make me feel good.

Roses - March 5
Roses - this is another Heaven and Earth design that I am working on and am enjoying seeing the progress on it even if it is also slow.  Just making sure that I can spend a little bit of time on this project each week is making me feel good as it is showing me that this project is slowly coming together.

Roses - March 17
This weekend I decided that I would try and figure out a frame size for this piece so that I can start keeping my eyes open for a frame that we like as well as a frame that is on sale.  I did some calculating and the size frame that Roses is going to need is 24 inches x 30 inches.  It is rather a large piece but I am going to be very happy to see it finished but I also know that I won't be seeing it finished in the next couple of months.

One of the roses is now finally starting to appear and it is fun to see what it lots like each time I finish a stitching session.  Sometimes it doesn't look like much and then another time it looks like something is starting to appear. 

I hope that I can put a few more stitches in on this piece before the end of the month.  If I can see a bit more of this rose start to appear it would be something but only time will tell as I will have to see how much stitching time I have in the evenings.

Happy Finishes Everyone - here is a piece that was a quick stitch and something that I was able to work on when I went to a stitching night with friends.  I normally try to have something that is easy to stitch when I go to this event as we probably do as much chatting as stitching when we are there but it is a get together once a month that we all enjoy.
Happy Finishes Everyone - March 16

The pattern called for DMC colours and I decided that I would use some of my over-dyed flosses to complete this pattern and am happy with the results.


This week is once again another busy week for me so I will see what stitching time I can find in the evenings.  I have enjoyed the progress that I have made on the projects this past week and will see what happens this week. I now have some things that are sitting waiting to be worked on so I better get to them.

Hope everyone has a great week and you find some time to do the things that you enjoy.



No comments: