Monday, February 11, 2019

A bit of progress and a finish

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Feb 3
It's Monday morning and here it is the start of another week.

This was busy this week but at least I was able to find a bit of time to stitch and get some progress on a couple of pieces.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - I was able to get some progress on the February section of the Mystery Stitch-a-long this week.  Of course, this is another big section so it is taking longer than I thought to see some progress on it.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Feb 10
After finishing off the section that I am working on now I still have the blocks to outline above the Peacock.  It has been interesting seeing all the comments on Facebook about this piece because a lot of people are saying the same thing that this month's section didn't look too bad but it is taking quite a while to stitch.  If things go ok this week I hope to get more of it completed and then I can put the piece away until the March section is released.

We have been told that there will be eight smaller designs that go around the Peacock and then two month's worth of the final border around the entire design.
Roses - Feb 9

Roses - Jan 27
Roses - this is the Heaven and Earth design that I have been working on and I picked it up as a bit of a break from working on Mystery SAL.  I was able to get another page finished of this pattern so that is now 3 pages finished but still there is a lot of stitching to go on this piece.  I enjoy working on this as it is fun to see how the roses are starting to appear a little bit at a time.  I hope that when I get into some of the pages above where I am the actual roses will start to look more like roses than they currently do.

The only disadvantage of this piece is I am only using one colour floss on it so it is difficult to work on for very long considering Mystery is only 3 colours it doesn't give me a lot of variety.   I do have a couple of other pieces that I am thinking of picking up just so that I have some colour variety.

Taffy - Easy Goes It - Feb 6
Easy Goes It Shawl - here is the shawl that I have been working on for the last couple of weeks.  I am happy to see yet another shawl finished and this one is the one that I made using the new Prym knitting needles.  This shawl was made with one ball of Sock-Ease yarn and it worked up quickly.  I am looking forward to working on another one of these shawls as they are quick and easy to make and I do enjoy wearing them.  I have found that I can wear them with a sweater and they dress up the outfit a little bit.


It is nice seeing that I can continue to get some things moved forward.  I hope that I can continue to see progress on things even a little bit at a time.  Sure, I don't get a lot of time to craft but when I can find a bit of time to do something I make sure that I can enjoy what I am working on and also see some progress on the project.

It is now time for me to get some work done that I need to do today and then I will see if I can find a little bit of time to work on a project and see how things go.  I hope everyone else can find a bit of time to do what they love doing this week.


No comments: