Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Progress and a couple of starts

Swan - December 22
The calendar has been flipped and it's almost time to put all the Christmas ornaments away for another year.

Over the last week I was able to find a bit of time to do some stitching and it was nice.  Work also took some of my time so stitching was something I tried to do in the evenings when work wasn't needing to be done.
Swan - December 31

Swan - here is the project that I am really trying to make some good progress on and I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make in the last week. 

I am going to try and work on Swan a bit most days because I do want to get this piece done as quickly as I can.  It still doesn't look like much but I have got the edge of the first swan reached and now to continue to work on it and see how quickly the other swan will appear as well as the reflection of both of them.  It is going to be quite a bit of work as the finished design is around 14" x 10".
Linen and Threads Xmas Ornament - Dec 29

Linen and Threads Christmas Ornament - this is a pattern that was released as a freebie on Facebook by Linen and Threads.  It looked like it would be a quick finish so I picked it up and finished it within a day. I may do this ornament again but will see what I actually do.  I know that being able to even make a couple of small ornaments would be nice from this pattern. If I redo at least the snowflakes I will be adding some beads to them.

12 Days of Christmas - January 1st
12 Days of Christmas - I decided that while I was in the mood of stitching small projects that I would put together all the threads for the 12 days of Christmas ornaments.  This was a free pattern by Plum Street Samplers a couple of years ago. The pattern calls for green, red and black thread but I have decided that I will be adding other colours to each of the 12 days to add a little bling to each of them. I haven't finished the first day yet but will try and work on the days a bit at a time and hope to have them all stitched and turned into ornaments before the Christmas tree goes up again in 2018.

Each of these ornaments are about 3.5 inches squares so they shouldn't take too long to stitch once I decided on what bling is going to be added to each of the ornaments.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Dec 31st
Mystery Sampler Stitch Along 2018 - Once again Linen and Threads is doing a Mystery Sampler Stitch Along this year and I decided that I was going to try and work along with this piece. This year's sampler is going to be a medieval theme and I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. 

I had picked the fabric that I was going to use a while ago and then it was picking the floss colour and once I saw the first part of the pattern I changed the colour of the floss and then started stitching away on the design.  Now to work on getting some of this done but it will only be done a bit at a time when I need a break from working on Swan and the other art show pieces.


I am looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish in 2018 with regards to my stitching.  I have projects that I want to get finished off quickly and then I have some of the projects that will get attention when I need a bit of a break from some of the larger projects.  My stitching once again will be based on when I have time in the evenings to pick up a project and work on it.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and if you are a stitcher you found a bit of time to work on a project that you had on the go.  It's now time for me to get some work done and hopefully this evening I will have a bit of time to stitch.






No comments: