Monday, September 18, 2017

Some progress

 A week with some progress on projects.  This week I was able to make some progress on a few projects and it did make me feel very good.

Sabbatical Beauty - September 9
Sabbatical Beauty - now this is the project that I decided that I was going to try and get finished quickly because of course it was something that was very simple and also quick to work on.

I had worked on it for a while and then this last week I decided that I was going to work on it and get it finished so that it was another project that I could say that I finished.  This week I focused on getting the stitching done and by the middle of the week this was done.
Sabbatical Beauty - September 13
Sabbatical Beauty - September 5

As you can see the pattern looks entirely different with the over-dyped floss compared to the project with the DMC floss that I used on the second version of this project.


Halloween Biscornu - September 10
Halloween Biscornu - once Sabbaticla Beauty was fiished it was time to pull out the Halloween Biscornu and see if I could make some progress on this project as well before the end of the week.  I decided that this was going to be another project that I was going to wok on and see if I could get it finished before the end of the weekend.
Halloween Biscornu - September 17

It was a simple project and also something that was pretty quick to see progress on considering it was only 4 inches square so yes something that wasn't too hard to work on.  I finally sat down on Sunday and got the final bit of the front of the biscornu finished and will see when I can sit and work on the other side of the biscornu.  I love the colour of fabric and how it turned out so now to sit and work on making sure that I can get the other side done and then the biscornu made.

Lady - August 27
 Lady - now this is one of the art show pieces and I figured it was time for it to get a bit of attention so that is what happened this week.

With Lady I decided that I was going to try and focus on one section of her at a time and see if that helped me make some progress on the overall project. I picked this up on Friday and started working on her and have to admit that being able to focus on a section at a time is making it seem a little easier to work on.
Lady - September 17
 I am now going to see if I can work on getting a page at a time finished instead of bouncing all over on the pattern and now really seeing much progress at all.  Just focusing on this piece was nice.  It is also the piece that I decided to have near the computer so that when I am watching some videos I have something that I can stitch and it isn't hard to work on either.

Fluffy Meringue Shawl - September 14
Fluffy Meringue Shawl - now here is a project that I have been working on and determined to get it finished so that I could wear it at a banquet that I am going to at the end of September.  the good news is I have finished crocheting the shawl and now just need to sew in the ends and then it will be finished.  I was able to get 14 sprays out of the two balls of yarn so that was big enough and now to see what it is like once all the ends are sewn in.

I am extremely happy to have the crocheting done and know that I am not going to be stressing to make sure it is finished before the banquet.  I hope to get the ends sewn in over the next couple of days and then it will be ready for the banquet. I will see if there is a picture of me wearing the shawl.

Bluebell - September 14
Bluebell by Nora Corbett - this week I did start a new cross-stitch project and it is Bluebell by Nora Corbett.  I fell in love with this pattern a while again and finally ordered the pattern and all the special items I needed for it.

I was going to wait to start this project until I had finished a few other things but then decided that I would start it on a day that was special to me.  I started this project on the 14th of September which is my wedding anniversary.  The pattern is also something that my husband really likes so it will be something that we both will really enjoy seeing framed once it is finished.


This week is another busy week for me so I will see what I can get done.  I do try and spend some time most evenings crafting because it does help me relax.  Sure I might not get all the time that I would really like to get crafting but at least finding even an hour at a time is great and I am seeing that I can feeling so much better doing that.

I will see what time I can find this week to stitch as I do have other things that I need to do first so hopefully I will find a bit of time to stitch most evenings and then next week i will have more progress on some of these items.






No comments: