Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Progress for the week

Purple v-stitch afghan - May 23rd
This past week I wasn't able to get a lot of crafting done but I did find a bit of time to enjoy the sunshine and work on an afghan on holiday Monday. 

This afghan has been sitting and slowly been worked on for the last couple of months.  This was one of the projects that I was working on between all the cross-stitch projects that I did. The v-stitch afghan is a very simple afghan so it means that I can pick it up and work on it while I have a few minutes and need to do something with my hands.

In the last week I was able to get it from half done to completed and that was wonderful.  It doesn't take me long to make an afghan but when I am just working on it a few minutes at a time the progress seems extremely slow. 

Purple v-stitch afghan - finished - May 23rd
Besides the afghan I have continued to work on the baby hats and those make me happy as well.  This weekend we were able to give a friend of ours around 80 hats for the hospital.  He does the actual delivery to the hospital as he works right across the street from it.  He did the delivery yesterday for me and they were very happy to receive them as they were running low on hats.  This makes me feel so good because it lets me know that the hats are really appreciated.

Our friend was also telling us that two of his staff had babies and both of them have received hats that I have made. Seeing the smile on our friend's face made me happy because it lets me know that people do appreciate the hats.

This week I am not sure what crafting I am going to be able to accomplish but I am thinking that I may try to either work on another baby afghan or more hats. 

There is a lot of work that requires my attention this week and considering it is four day week it means a lot of things to try and get accomplished in less time.  Off to getting things done.


No comments: