Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Moving projects along and a new start

Erasmus - July 1st
This past week I decided that it was time to start working on a project that I haven't touched since the beginning of July.  Erasmus has been sitting in the same state since July 1st so I decided that if I want to get it finished I really need to start putting some more stitching on it.

Over the last week I was able to get the very bottom of the piece completed and that meant that I was able to move the frame and start working on the top section of it as well.  I am finally looking at the piece and seeing that I am making progress on it and that makes me extremely  happy.
Erasmus - Sept 7th

Erasmus - Sept 7th
Lady - Sept 7th
Of course with the heat that we have been dealing with sitting and stitching isn't something that I have been able to do a lot of.   I have been really trying to make sure that some projects are getting attention because otherwise they sit for too long without any progress on them.  Erasmus was going along very good until I found the Butterfly and did that pattern.  Now to see if I can continue making progress on this piece over the next while.

Besides working on Erasmus I decided that I needed a project that I could take with me to stitch night, which is this week.  When at stitch night I really enjoy having a piece that I can just fill in some areas and not have to worry about counting stitches and figuring out where on the pattern am I. This is another pattern that I am doing using some art by an artist that I met.  This is a lady that goes along with Erasmus so figured it would be a good project to work on next.  What I ended up going was outlining a couple of the larger areas that need to be filled in with one colour.  Now I have three areas that I can just sit and work on without having to follow the pattern every few stitches.  This will also make a great pattern to work on while sitting outside because I won't have to keep catching the pattern as the wind decides to move the pattern.

This week I hope to be able to get a bit more stitching done besides what I do on stitch night but it is a busy week for me.  Let's hope that at least one evening I will be able to find a bit of time to sit and stitch and not deal with the heat and humidity.



No comments: