Friday, March 14, 2014

A different project

Dream 
This week I decided that it was time for another project and this was a lot different than what I have been working on.

Over the last couple of years my husband has heard that I have wanted to try to do a bit of my own designing instead of dealing with just the patterns that are on the market.  I wanted something that was my own.

The past while I have been sketching out ideas of what I would like to design if I had the time and the tools to do just that.  Well after hearing this lately DH decided that it was time for me to get the major tool that would help me start this new adventure.  What he did was told me that it was time for me to go PC Stitch 10 and start trying to do a bit of designing for myself. 

The cross-stitch that is on this blog is something that I thought about for a while and now it is finally stitched.  Of course the first version of it isn't quite what I wanted because I pulled out a piece of fabric quickly and without checking decided to stitch up this pattern quickly.  So it ends up that the piece of fabric was 14ct Aida instead of the 18ct Aida that I had planned on using.  This project was very quick as it took me an evening to basically stitch it up.  Now that it is done I decided that I wanted to see what it looks like on 22ct so have started that version so in the next day or two when I have some time I will see what it looks like smaller.  The butterfly was a pattern included with PC Stitch so now that I have done that I am going to work on a butterfly myself.

Of course I am still stitching on Cirque de Cercles but just needed a chance to try something a little different.  Also doing something with a bit of colour was also fun.  A quick project was nice for a change.

Now to get the things done off my to-do-list so that I can spend some of my weekend trying out my new software to see what I end up coming up with.

1 comment:

mybearsnme said...

LOVE it - I had no idea when I saw it before on FB, that it was your own design - congrats!!