Friday, April 11, 2008

Preemie blankets and Barbie outfits

I am having a lot of fun working on preemie blankets for one hospital. These blankets are used in memory boxes for parent's that lose their baby. The blanket is put in a box with a small sweater set, the bracelet from the baby, their foot print and a lock of hair. When I first started to work on these items it felt a little odd but knowing that someone can receive something to remember their child has made me feel a lot better.

The other project that I am currently working on is making Barbie outfits for barbie dolls that will be given to children in other countries. I am having a lot of fun knitting these outfits and now have picked up items to hlep make the dresses that I am knitting look nicer.

These are just two of the projects that I am currently working on and it helps knowing that I am making other people smile even just for a couple of minutes. I have given myself a goal for the items for this year so I am going to post it within the next little while so that I can actually see if I am making progress on these items or do I keep working on other items instead.

Well off to work on a preemie blanket.

No comments: