Monday, May 16, 2022

Crafting bug has returned

Here it is the start of another week and I have to admit that I have been able to find some of my crafting time again. I wasn't sure why I couldn't craft, but at least now I have started to find my crafting bug again, and it makes me feel very good. I hope that I can continue to make progress on things over the next while, as it felt good this week seeing the progress that I have been able to make.

Welcome - here is a project that I started as it was something simple to work on, and I figured I might be able to see bits of progress on it.  I wasn't sure how long it would take me to finish this piece, but once I got started, I figured out that I should take me too long to see it finished.

This past week I figured I was going to focus on this piece until it was finished and am very happy to say that I got it done. I haven't figured out how I am going to finish it yet, but I do know that it is only around 4 inches round, so I have a lot of options on how to finish it, and I am looking forward to doing just that. I am happy getting this piece done, as it means that there is one less thing on my list of projects that I would like to stitch.

I haven't figured out the next project that will be my focus piece, but at least I know that I have got this project finished, which always makes me feel good. I have things that I would like to stitch that shouldn't take too long, so those might be the projects that get the attention so that I can get more of them done.

Magic of Books - here is a project that I haven't worked on over almost a year. After looking at this project for a while and not being motived to work on it, I decided that I was going to pick it up this weekend and see what I could get done on it. Part of the challenge with this piece is the large area of black that I still need to stitch. This weekend I decided that I was going to ignore that section and see what I could do.

This week I decided to move the frame a bit and see if I could at least make some progress on things, and I was able to get over 700 stitches completed and that made me happy. Yes, most of them were black stitches, but at least I got another section moved forward. I hope that I can continue to see bits of progress on this piece as I have missed it, but I also know that I have other projects that I would also like to see moved forward.

I hope that now that I have pulled this project out, I can continue to make progress on it, even if it is just bits of progress instead of the major progress that I felt that I needed to do before. I am just over 16% completed on this piece, so there is still a long way to go on it, but at least through this weekend I was able to get some stitching in and that is what is important. I have moved this project forward a bit, and I am happy with that.

Bella Lino Wrap - here is a new start on a wrap that I want to make more myself. The piece doesn't really show the colour of the yarn. It is a nice turquoise, which means that I want to get this shawl done as quickly as possible, but I also have other things that need my attention, so will see how it goes. I am currently trying to work on this project at least 30 minutes a day, so will see how quickly I can move it forward. It's a nice and easy pattern so something that doesn't take a lot of attention and that means that I can enjoy working on it.

English Paper piecing - now here is something that I have finally got back to working on over the last couple of weeks. Over this week, I decided to try and make some progress on two different sets of motifs. The small motifs are for some projects that I am thinking about doing and haven't decided now to do them yet. The large motifs are for the throws that I am making using the fabric from shirts that belonged to my dad.

I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on both of these sets of motifs this week. By the time that I had finished the weekend, I had completed over 50 of the small motifs and just over 40 of the large motifs. Now what I need to do is start to join the motifs together so that I can start making the fabric for the two projects.

The large motifs will end up in a group of 12 x 12 motifs, and they will end up as a throw some either my sister, my nephew or me. I still have three throws to do the tops of and the other throw which is for my mom just needs to be finished. My mom's throw just needs the quilting finished, and then the binding added to it, and then it is done.

The small motifs I haven't really figured out the size of fabric that I want yet, so I am just going to see what happens when I get all of these motifs made. 

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other projects this week, as I wanted to see how much I could get done on these.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something that you love to do. It doesn't matter what it is, but taking that bit of time for yourself if very important. We all need to ensure that we take that mental break to ensure that we are taking care of ourselves so that we are prepared to help those that we love and around us.

Next week I hope to have some good progress on projects to show you. It might not be as many as this week, but moving things forward would make me very happy.




 

No comments: