Monday, May 11, 2020

Progress made and challenge completed

Here it is Monday morning and the start of another week of working remotely and social distancing and all of those things that we have been doing for the last 8 weeks.
Mini Magic of Books - March 21
Mini Magic of Books - this is the project that I have been working on a lot over the last two months and I am happy with the progress that I have been able to see.  I have wanted to spend some of the time working on this to see how much of it I could get done.  I also was part of a stitching challenge that ran from March 23 through to May 15th.  The challenge was to try and stitch 10,000 stitches on a full coverage piece during this time.

Mini Magic of Books - May 3
I decided that I was going to try and see if I could get all of those stitches in during this time given I am still working some of the time.  The challenge did feel a little large but then I thought that if I could focus on the piece instead of bouncing between a number of projects that I might be able to do it.

Mini Magic of Books - May 10
The good news is I did get the 10,000 stitches completed and I actually finished them yesterday and that made me feel good.  Sure I completed a lot of black stitches but at least I completed all of those stitches in the two months.  Seeing progress on this piece makes me feel very good and it shows that when I want to focus on a project I can see good results.


I continue to work on a lot of other projects but they get little bits of time and I don't see a lot of progress on them so I don't take pictures.

I hope everyone continues to stay well and you continue to spend a bit of time each day doing the things that you love. This week I am not sure that I will be working on but I know that I will continue to try and find little bits of time to do the things that I love to do. Have a good week and stay safe.


No comments: