Monday, December 31, 2018

A couple of finishes and some progress

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - Dec 23
This week has been partly relaxing and part getting a bunch of things done that needed my attention. Christmas has come and gone for another year and now it is time to start thinking about the new year but before then I have some things that I was able to work on this week.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - Dec 29
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - as I have been saying I was going to work on this piece to ensure that I could get it finished before the end of the year and I was able to do just that.  I finished the piece 364 days after I started it and am very happy with the entire piece.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18
I am still going to be adding a few little embellishments to the design now that the entire piece is stitched but I don't think that will take me too long to do.

The finished piece measures 12" x 26" so yes it is a rather large piece and I think it is the largest piece that I have ever finished.  I really enjoyed stitching on this piece over the year and am looking forward to seeing what Linen and Threads have as the Mystery SAL for 2019.

I have the fabric chosen for the 2019 piece as it is going to be released at midnight January 1st in Australia so I will have it on the 31st of December to start figuring out what colour I will be stitching next year in.

The design for 2019 looks like I will enjoy working on it so will see how much of it I can get done in the next week.

Temperature - December 21
Temperature - yes this has got some attention as I am getting very close to having this piece finished as well.  I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like once I have been able to take it off the scroll bars as well.

Temperature - December 30
It feels great seeing that I am slowly making some progress on the December section and right now just have to stitch from the 26th of the month forward and then the piece will be finished. I still have to put the scale on it after I finish the days and "Toronto" but other than that this piece is getting very close to being finished.

I have already decided that I will be doing a 2019 temperature piece but it will be a different design so that it will be a little easier to complete each day.

Easy Goes It - Dec 26
Easy Goes It - now here is a shawl that I have been working on for a while but haven't been able to get it finished until this week.  I am happy to say that the shawl is now just needing to be blocked and then it is finished which made me happy.  I enjoyed knitting this shawl as it was a little different to do. The picture doesn't show all the eyelet rows that are in this piece very well but they added a bit of fanciness to the overall shawl.

I do have a brown version of this same shawl on my needles and am hoping to be able to get back to working on it in the near future.


This week has been quiet from the vendor perspective for work so that was really nice.  Emails have been down to the minimum so that meant that we were able to spend some time trying to tie up all the loose ends before the start of a new year.  There are still a few things that need to be done before the end of the year so now to work on getting all of them done quickly and then maybe I will see if I can get a little bit more stitching done before the end of the year.

I would like to wish everyone A Very Happy New Year and All The Best in 2019.

No comments: