Monday, November 21, 2016

Things moving along

Here Be Tiny Dragon - Water - Nov 14
This week I was able to find a bit of time to craft which was great. 

This week I decided it was time to work on a cross-stitch project that wasn't one of the one's that I have been designing.  I figured that a change was what I needed because I haven't been making a lot of progress on anything for a couple of weeks.

I looked in one of my boxes of cross-stitch projects and found that of course I had a few that were started and then put away for one reason for another. I decided to pull out the project called Here Be Tiny Dragon and see if I could get it moved along and maybe even finished soon.  Well, I forgot the reason that I had put this project down was because I had made a mistake when I started it.  I started this design at the Creative Festival in 2009 and it has been sitting and not getting any attention since then.  So I had choices to make and they were 1) put the kit back in the box and ignore it again, 2) try and work around the mistake, or 3) pull out the area where the mistake was and correct it.
Here Be Tiny Dragon - Water - Nov 20

So my decision was to take out the area where the mistake was and correct it.  It wasn't really too hard to fix as there were probably only about six stitches that needed to be corrected so that is what I did.  This project isn't very big as it is on 25 count fabric and I am stitching it over one so the final design is around 2" x 2.5".  It has been fun watching this dragon come to life this week.  I did most of the stitching on Sunday on it.  Once this design is done there is another dragon in the kit and it is Here By Tiny Dragon - Fire so I hope to get that one done soon as well.  Jennifer Aikman-Smith designed - Water and Teresa Wentzler designed - Fire.
Green shawl - Nov 20th

Besides working on the dragon this week I have been able to get a bit more done on the green shawl that I am making. The shawl is now 62 inches out of the 72 inches so I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on it.  I hope to be able to get this shawl done within the next couple of weeks but will see how it goes.

This week I am going to see what gets the attention because of course besides having these projects on the go there are other things sitting and also wanting a bit of time.

The weather has now turned colder here in Ontario and that means that it is time to focus on trying to stay warm so crafting may be something that gets a bit more attention now.



No comments: