Friday, March 9, 2012

This Week

Tube sock
This week I admit that I really didn't do much cross-stitching but am happy with what I have accomplished this week so far.  The picture is of the tube sock that I started last week and finished this week.  It was  lot of fun to work on and it does fit me pretty well.

I decided that I was going to try and make a tube sock instead of dealing with the heel turning as my feet are narrow and the heel always seems too large on my foot.  This pattern was extremely simple and very fast to knit which is another reason I liked this sock.  I have started the second sock to this pair and am about 2/3 of the way through it as well as hope to have it finished very soon.

While knitting the second sock I found a bag that works really well for holding a small project and it is a "Crown Royal" bag that we got when we bought a bottle of Crown Royal at the LCBO,  Basically the bag is just large enough for my sock and the ball of yarn that I am working on and it has a draw string at the top of it.  I know I could probably make a bag like this but considering everything else that I have on my plate it isn't going to happen any time soon.

I am going to be on the look-out for another bag of similar size because I just ordered another small circular knitting needle so that I can have two socks on the go at once.

Now off to work so that I can get everything that needs my attention done so that I can focus on finishing the second sock and maybe getting some more of my cross-stitch done as well.

No comments: