Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Importance of some crafting

I am writing this entry in a lot of ways for myself because of how I have been feeling lately about crafting.  This all stems back to some comments made a couple of weeks ago and now I am finally dealing with it.

Why do I craft?

I craft because I enjoy seeing something accomplished.  I am not the type of person that  can just sit and do nothing while watching tv.  Maybe this is in part because how I was brought up but I am not upset about that.  What I always say is at least I have something to show for the time I spend sitting and relaxing.  Yes my crafting is my way of relaxing and also at the end of the day a way of stitching my mind back in order.

I understand that I have to watch the amount of crafting that I do because of issues I have had in the past with both of my wrists but I know what I can and cannot do.  I understand that I have to change what I am doing so I don't end up with carpal tunnel.  If I craft for long stretches I change what I am doing from knitting to crocheting to cross-stitch or needlepoint and always take breaks.

I don't spend my entire day crafting even thou I wish I could.  I do try and take one day a week to just lose myself in my crafts without letting other things distract me.  This may sound selfish but everyone needs some time to themselves to do what they love, like reading, playing computer games or watching tv. 

Crafting makes me happy and I know I have the love and support of my husband and that's important.

I do what I love to do and if someone else finds joy in relaxing another way that is fine as well, but please let me craft.

No comments: