Monday, April 15, 2019

Progress on pieces and one comes out of hiding

Roses - April 7
Here it is the start of another week, and I have some progress for the last week.  It felt nice being able to work on a couple of different projects this week.

Roses - this is the project that I am trying to work on a little bit at a time.  My goal for April is to put stitches into this piece each day, and so far I have been able to accomplish that.  Sure, it might be only 10 stitches or so, but at least I am continuing to move this piece along.

Roses - April 14
On Roses, I have been able to get 11 pages done so far, and that is making me feel good.  The one part was this week I finished two pages, but they were pages that had very little stitching, so they were quick finishes. I have also almost finished another page, so that will mean that hopefully by the end of this week I will have 12 out of the 57 pages finished on this piece.

Unleash the Butterflies - March 26
Unleash the Butterflies - this piece got a bit of attention this week as it had been sitting while I was working on the Linen and Threads Mystery SAL.  It felt good seeing that I was able to make a bit more progress on this page of the pattern and I hope that by the end of the month, I will have completed this page. 

Unleash the Butterflies - April 14
The design still doesn't look like a lot, but I know that once I have the change to move onto some of the other pages, it will start to come to life a little more.  The page I am currently working on is basically her forearm, so there isn't a lot of detail in that, but I know that there will be a lot of detail when I get up a bit higher, but I need to get across the bottom pages before I start moving the design up.

Hit Any Key - April 7
Hit Any Key - after starting this project last Sunday, it got just a little bit more attention this week.  It is a project that won't be getting a whole lot of work done on it this month, but I know that it will continue to see bits of stitching done on it as I would like to see how it starts to come alive.

Hit Any Key - April 8
You can't see much of the design right now and stitch white on the piece doesn't show up very well either but it will once I have been able to add some more of the colours when I get the piece moving forward.  We will see how much more stitching I can accomplish on this piece through the rest of the month as right now the focus is on Roses and Unleash the Butterflies.
The Stitcher - Nov 22

The Stitcher - now here is a project that has been in hiding for quite a while.  This is a nice quick stitch, but it got put away before Christmas when I was trying to get Temperature, and the 2018 Mystery SAL finished.  This week I decided to pull this out and give it a little bit of attention, and after part of an evening of stitching, I was able to see some good stitching completed on it.  I won't be putting this piece back into hiding as I would like to see it finished before too long.  I enjoyed stitching on this piece as it was something that I could see some results very quickly compared to all of the other pieces that I have been working on this week.
The Stitcher - April 12

After I finish The Stitcher, I have one more of this design to complete so hopefully I will be able to get that one out and stitched up soon as well.


Some of my knitting and crocheting projects are getting little bits of attention but nothing that I can show as a row here or there doesn't make a piece look much different.


It is now time for me to get some of the projects that I need to get done for work moved forward.  Hope everyone has a great week and hopefully you will find some time to do the things that you love doing.


No comments: