Monday, September 17, 2018

Progress this week

Dragon - Linen and Threads - Sept 13
Here it is another week and I can actually say that I have been able to get some stitching done and it makes me feel wonderful.

Dragon - Linen and Threads - here is a dragon that is part of the Mystery SAL 2018 that I decided to work on as a separate version of the dragon.  I  am going to be stitching a few versions of two of the dragons and will see which one I like the best.  The first one I am working on is a red version of the dragon and there will be some metallic threads added to this piece after I get all the other stitching done on it.  I am happy with the progress that I made as I worked on this piece for one evening this week.  Now to see when I pick it up again and see how much more stitching I can get done on it.  I hope to be able to work on it again in September but will see what happens.

All Dogs Go To Heaven - Aug 25
All Dogs Go To Heaven - this project got some attention and it was a project that I decided to pick up and work on for quite a bit of Saturday.  I wanted to see if I could get some more of it done and by the time I finished up for the day I was able to get around 850 stitches in on the piece.  I know that it doesn't look like a lot of stitching but considering there are three colours of blue in this piece so far it requires a lot of counting and figuring out where the next colour goes.

All Dogs Go To Heaven - Sept 15
As this piece is a full coverage piece I know it is going to take me some time before I can see some actual progress but at least I am starting to see that when I can focus on it for a while that I can actually get something done on it.  I hope to be able to spend some more time this month working on it because it makes me feel wonderful seeing that I have been able to get closer to being able to add some other colours to the piece but I still have quite a bit of blue to go on this corner so will see how that goes.

DLKsCrafts - April 28
DLKsCrafts - this piece is something that I started in April and figured it would work up quickly.  I ended up putting it down for some reason and now finally decided it was time to get back to working on it and it is working up quickly when I can actually spend even a little bit of time working on it.

DLKsCrafts - Sept 15
The purpose of this piece is to have my ETSY store name on some fabric so that when we are taking pictures of the different grime guards I will have the shop name also visible.  This also means that the photos are going to harder for someone else to use unless they can remove the actual stitching that will be in the middle of each of the pictures.  The piece that I am working on is for the 11x17 q-snap grime guards and then I will have another one to stitch that I will be using for the 11x11 q-snap grime guards.

This week just sitting and working on it for a couple of evenings have helped because now I just need to add the word "crafts" and it will be completed.  I am going to see if I can do some more stitching on this in September because I would like to see that I have got the piece finished and then I can start working on the other version of it.

Temperature - Sept 9
Temperature - Yes I am still behind on the stitching of this project but now I can say that I am roughly a month behind instead of two months.  I am going to continue to focus on this piece because I would like to make sure that I  have been able to get more of it completed before the end of the month.  I am now about half way through August stitching so that is nice and I would like to make sure that I am well into September by the end of the month.

Temperature - Sept 15
Temperature is still one of my focus pieces and I think just getting it done would make me feel a little better about things.  I know that being able to get some of the rows done would make me feel better.


This week is going to be a busy week for me so I am not sure how much stitching I will be able to do.  Work now needs to get done and there are a few projects that also need some attention so those are the priorities for this week and then I will see what time I have left where I can pick up a project and stitch on it a bit.



No comments: