Monday, March 13, 2017

Some progress again this week


Quotes to Live By - March 5
This week I have been able to find a bit of time to stitch and of course I have been trying to focus on only doing a couple of projects instead of what I did in the past and try and work on everything at once. Being able to focus on only a couple of projects means that I am starting to see some really good results each week even when I am only stitching an hour or two each day.

Quotes to Live By - March 12
Quotes to Live By is coming along and I am really happy as I have finished the first quote and am working on the second quote and it is coming along.  I would love it if this quote was working up faster but considering everything I shouldn't be complaining about the speed. The second quote is about Patience and here I am complaining that it is taking me too long to stitch it.  I haven't spent a lot of time on this piece so just getting it as far as I have should make me happy.  I am going to continue working on this project as I would really like to get both the second and third quote done by the end of the month but will have to see how things go.

The second quote sits right below the first quote so that means that I am slowly working done the middle of the project.  The quote for March is again below this design and that will be the bottom of the project so that means that I am going to have to continue to work on the border as well so that I have the entire project outlines as well by the time I finish stitching the quote for March.

Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch Along - March 5
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch Along got one day of attention this week and I was able to make some progress on it as well.  I am trying to focus on getting the top section done which is the January release so that is what I have been trying to focus on.  I am going to be happy when this top section is completed which is to the first solid line on the picture.
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch Along - March 10

I did start working on the outline for the February section or at least part of February but that was because I just wanted some stitching that didn't require any counting so that is why these lines have been done already.

Linen and Threads is a great design and I am loving how it is turning out but considering it is 22 stitches per inch I can't work on it as long as I can some of the other projects.  This project requires good lighting which I have and my eyes not being too tired from sitting at the computer and working all day.

Joyful World - May - March 12
Well besides working on those two projects I decided that I wanted to start Joyful World - May and see if I could get it finished quickly.  I love these patterns as they are small and it also means that I can see some results quickly when I spend a little bit of time stitching on it.  This was started on Saturday and within a short period of time I was able to get the border done and have started the inside of the design.  I still need to add the colours to the corners of the border but I will do that when I am working on those colours in the main part of the design. It feels good seeing that I am making a bit of progress on this project as well because I would like to see all of this done before the end of this year.

I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on my projects and look forward to seeing how much I can do this week.  The forecast is for snow between today and tomorrow so it sounds like tonight might be a good evening to just curl up and stitch.

No comments: