Monday, June 8, 2015

New starts

Erasmus - June 7th
Over the last week I have been having some  new starts for projects.  The one that is currently getting the most attention is Erasmus which I am enjoying.

Erasmus is a cross-stitch based on a drawing by an artist that I met earlier this year.  I took one of her drawing and am going to see how it turns out.  I started this piece on the 4th of June and of course have been trying to stitch on it quite a bit.

Schlock with Gun - June 7th
Coral rose - June 7th
Schlock with Gun - well this is another piece that I am working on and it is the second time the piece will have been stitched.  It was originally stitched in April but I didn't like one of the colours so this time I changed it and started to restitch it on June 1st.

The third piece that I started this week is a coral coloured rose.  This is based on a photo that I took of a rose that my husband bought me last week.  I loved what the rose looked like so decided that I was going to work on designing a pattern for it.  This isn't the rose that I wrote about in my blog before but another rose. I still have the other rose picture and may do a pattern or it but for now it is just going to have to wait.

I am having a lot of fun with the various projects that I have on the go and want to see which one actually gets finished first.  I am actually looking forward to seeing all of them finished so that is one of my challenges right now.  I think this week Erasmus is going to get the attention when I have the time to actually sit down and stitch.

As you can see I really didn't know what I wanted to work on after finishing Princess Sofia so I decided the best thing I could do was to start three different projects and then see what caught my attention. With me having these three new starts it also means that my started pieces climbed again but I hope that all of these pieces will be finished by the end of the summer.  I know that I don't stitch quite as much during the summer months when it is hot out so I better make as good a dent as I can before it gets too hot and humid out.

The schedule this week looks a little busier than normal so I don't think I will get any stitched done until at least Wednesday but then maybe things will slow down again.  If I can find a little bit of extra stitching time at the beginning of the week I would be very happy but I don't think there is going to be any done.

Time to get some work done and then will see when a needle is picked up and a few stitches put in on one of these projects.

No comments: