Friday, April 4, 2014

Shawl progress

Belted wrap
This week I have been working on my belted wrap and am happy with the progress that I have made so far.  I didn't take another picture because it looks basically the same.

I was able to finish the belt very quickly so now it's just work on knitting the 66 inches of the wrap.  I am not sure how far I am right now but I do know I haven't reached the half way point so will see how things go this weekend.

I am also working on another project but I don't have a picture of it yet.  This project is a collaboration piece with an artist.  I am hoping that he will be happy when he sees what I have done.  I don't want to say too much about it until the two of us make some discussions. 

I hope this weekend to make a bit of progress on my wrap because I would like to be able to wear it before the weather gets too warm.  I figure if I can continue making the progress I have been doings I should have it done in a couple of weeks.  What I did figure out was I need 192 holes up the wrap before it's complete and right now I am at 46 holes.  Yes still a ways to go but I think I can make a bit of progress on it this weekend.

The joy of seeing something progress is making me very happy.  I haven't knit a lot lately other than the other shawl for myself so it is nice to see how quickly something can start to look like what you want it to look like.  The other good thing about this wrap is it uses up yarn at a good wrap.  I have already used two 100 gram balls of yarn on it and the tie so will see how much yarn I end up using on this wrap. 

Time to now go and do a bit of work and then see what crafting I do over the weekend.

No comments: