Monday, August 28, 2023

Some good progress

 Here it is the start of another week and yes, a week that is going to be busy, but I will try and make sure that I can find some time to spend a bit of time on my crafting as well.

The weather has cooled down some here so that means that we aren't spending as much time sitting on the balcony and watching the neighbourhood.  Hopefully we will have a few more warm days where sitting on the balcony can still be done as we both enjoy being able to do that especially after working at our desk all day.

Jane Parson - here is the piece that I was trying to work on as much as I could in the last week. I have been enjoying working on it and I am now seeing that I did get a lot of work done on it in the last week.

The border is finally all completed and that did take quite a bit of time to do as those flowers were quite a bit of work, but they were nice to see completed. This project was something different for me to do as normally when I am doing a sampler, I have been doing one with very few colours.

When I am working on a project, I don't see the overall progress that I have made until I take the picture for this blog and start working on writing up about the project. It is great to see that I am getting closer to a finish on this piece and hopefully I will be able to get it done before too long.  I have to finish the one plant on the right side of the piece and then I have to do the same plant on the left and the piece will be done. 

Now that I am getting closer to a finish it is time to start thinking about what I am going to work on next. I have a lot of projects that I could start but for a little bit I think I might try and get some smaller projects finished or at least that is what I am thinking right now.

Preemie blanket - here is the knitting project that I have been focusing on. The best news is I have finally got to the halfway mark on this project. I still have some yarn left from the first ball but after reaching 250 stitches on the needle I decided it was time to start decreasing on the blanket. 

I haven't measured the size of this blanket yet, but I do know that it is going to be a good size when it is done. I am now working on getting all the decreases done and hopefully it doesn't take me as long to complete this half of the blanket. It took me just over a month to get to the halfway mark as I started this blanket on July 16th so now to see when I will get it finished.

Other projects - of course, my English Paper piecing is continuing to get bits of attention as well and I am looking forward to showing my progress on it later this week.

This past week I was able to make some good progress on my projects and now to see how things go this coming week. I hope you have also been able to get things done and have found that time for yourself each day.  The recharging your personal battery is very important as it means you have the ability to help those around you as well.

I hope you have a good week and I hope to have some progress on things next week to show you.


No comments: