Monday, August 7, 2023

Making some progress

Here it is the start of another week and of course there are lots of things are require my time so crafting sometimes just doesn't happen as much as I would like. 

The weather was a lot nicer this past week as the extremely heat and humidity has left, which made it a little easier to focus on all the other things that needed my attention. It was a nice week where we were able to sit out on the balcony some evenings and enjoy watching the neighbourhood.

Jane Parson - here is the cross stitch project that got my attention again this past week. I have been working on the lower section of the piece as I wanted to see if I could get all the full coverage area completed. It was a lot of work but finally I was able to add in all the colours. 

This piece isn't moving forward as quickly as I thought it would but at least I am getting parts of the piece completed. Maybe now that I have finished that one section the rest of the piece will seem to move forward a little quicker. I am now starting to add some of the other detail to the piece which is making me happy. Of course, the alphabet still isn't finished but that doesn't bother me. Hopefully I will be able to get it finished shortly when I am using the colours for the last four letters.

The flowers on the border still need to be finished but I will pick those up again when I need to work with that colour for another section of the design. I think the darker pink is going to be needed soon so that means that the border might be getting some attention soon.

Preemie blanket - here is the knitting that I have been doing and I am happy with the progress that I made on this piece over the last week. What I decided to do this week was try and do the 30 minutes of knitting most of the week. I started the 30 minutes of knitting on Wednesday, and it is amazing how much you can get done when you just focus on a project for that amount of time each day. 

It has been a lot of run working on this project and seeing the progress that I can make on it. I am still working with the first ball of yarn, so I still haven't figured out how large this blanket is going to be. The original pattern was for a blanket around 24 inches square and I think I have already passed that. Part of me is wondering how large it is going to be because it just seems to keep going and the ball of yarn doesn't seem to get any smaller. 

Other projects - I have done a little bit of work on my English Paper piecing but not as much as I would have liked. I finally picked up one of the projects yesterday and got a bit of progress done. Now to see how much more progress I can make on these projects.

I hope everyone has a good week and you continue to find that bit of time to do something that you enjoy. There are days when it seems to be a challenge to find that time but it's important to set even 10 minutes aside to take time for yourself.

This week is going to be a busy week so I will see what crafting I can get done. I hope to continue with the 30 minutes of knitting each day as that has made me happy seeing the progress.

Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have a bit of progress on something to show you.



 

No comments: