Tuesday, August 1, 2023

English Paper Piecing - July Progress

Here it is the start of another month and time to look at what I have been able to accomplish in the last month.

Table Runner - here is a project that I decided to pull out and see what I could get done in the last month. It has been something that I wanted to work on and add a few more motifs to see if I could move it forward.

What I decided to do was to start filling in one side of the runner to see how much further I can move it and after this month I am starting to see that I have got to a good point. Of course, there is still more motifs to add to the runner and I still haven't decided on the overall size so will see how it goes. I am happy with the progress that I made in July so now to see when this project comes out and gets more attention.

Scrap Throw - now this is the project that has been getting quite bit of attention through this month. It has felt great being able to work on this throw throughout the month and now to see where it is. What I have done in the last month is try and make some "flower" motifs so that they are easier to add to the throw and that has been helping me quite a bit. 

Flowers
The "flowers" are seven motifs sewn together and they make it a little easier to see a change in a project easily. It has been a bit of a challenge to make sure that I am adding the "flowers" in the correct spot, but at least I have been able to watch this project move forward in the last month. I might not be moving it forward as quickly as I would like, but at least I am seeing that I have made progress.

Now one of the projects that I need to do is to start working on making some of the denim motifs that I will be using as part of the border. Being able to get those motifs made and available for some of the "flowers" would be good as it means that I can then start working on the border as all as the overall project at the same time. It feels great seeing the progress that has been made in the last month and I look forward to seeing how much more of this project I can do in the next couple of months.

Other EPP projects - of course, I am planning and thinking about some of the other projects that I would like to do but those are currenting waiting for their turn. The large motif throws need some attention, but I think they are going to be waiting until it is a little cooler out when I can focus on adding motifs to the existing project and freeing up the templates that I need for the other project.


If you are making motifs or joining motifs together, I hope that you are seeing progress. Next month I hope to have a bit more progress on these projects, but time and weather will determine what I get done.  Have a good month, and I will see you at the beginning of September.
 

No comments: