Monday, August 21, 2023

Making some progress

Here it is the start of another week, and hopefully I will be able to get some things done again this week. This last week was another busy week, so it was a little harder to find the time to work on the projects, but I did find time each day to do something for myself, even if it wasn't moving one of my projects forward. This coming week, I am going to try and spend some time working on my craft projects a little bit so that I can maybe see some more progress on them.

Jane Parson - here is the cross stitch project that has been getting the attention. I am continuing to work on this piece as my focus and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on it. It is fun adding the different elements to this design, so now to see what else I will be adding in the next week.

This project was started along with three other ladies as we are all started it for a friend's birthday. It has been fun seeing the progress that each person is making and now to see how much progress we can all make this coming week. I hope that I can spend some time this week working on Jane as I would like to see how much more of it I can get done.

I am going to try and continue to move this project forward, as I have been enjoying it, and I am looking forward to seeing it done. With this project getting closer to a finish, I should try and figure out what I am going to work on next because I have lots of projects that I have started, and maybe it's time to focus on at least getting something moved forward instead of starting something new.

Preemie blanket - this week I was able to spend some time working on this project, but not as much time as I would have liked. I started the week working on it 30 minutes a day, but that only lasted until Wednesday, and then I didn't pick it up again until Sunday. The one good thing about this week was I moved the project from the straight needle to my circular needle, so I am not worried about stitches falling off the end of the needle any longer.

This project is slowly getting moved forward, and I have decided that I am either going to knit until I have 250 stitches on the needle or until this ball of yarn runs out. I am not sure what is going to happen first, but at least I know that I am getting closer to having this project to the halfway mark. After I get it to the 250 stitches, I will start the decrease, and maybe that will seem to go a little quicker than this last little bit of knitting has been going.

Other projects - of course, this week I was able to pick up and work on my English Paper piecing for a little while and that made me happy. I am continuing to work on those projects as they are enjoyable to do. I should have some progress to show when I write my English Paper Piecing blog at the beginning of September. It always makes me happy when I can sit down and even work on making motifs for 10 or 15 minutes at a time. 

I hope you have been able to find that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing. Those few minutes a day does make a big difference on how you can function and be available and have the energy to help those around you.

Hopefully next week, I will have some more progress to show you. Not sure what is ahead for me this week, so I guess I will see what I can get done. Have a great week and hope to see you next week. 
 

No comments: