Monday, April 8, 2024

Progress and a new start

Here it is the start of another week and hopefully a week where I can find some time to work on projects as I know it is going to be a busy work week for me as well.

I have been trying to find time at least most days to do a bit of crafting and that has helped. Seeing bits of progress on things is good. Now to see what this week has in store.

Half the Fun - this project got a bit of attention this last week and I was able to add a few of the modes of transportation to it. Just sitting and working on this for a little while helped me move it forward and now I will see when it gets more attention.

Using the variegated thread has been nice because I am just letting the colours happen where they do. Because I am basically using one colour of thread it means that I can just continue to move from one area to another without having to think about what is the next colour that I need to pickup and use.

I think this project would stitch up quickly if it was my focus piece but currently it isn't going to be that because there is another project that I have started and that will be the piece that gets the attention for now.

324 - here is the new project that I started this week shortly have the pdf was released. This design is by Arlene Cohen of Works by ABC and it was just released in early March of this year at the Nashville Market Place. Arlene released the pdf version of this pattern on April 1st, and it didn't take me very long at all to purchase the pattern and start organizing the flosses for it.

It is called 324 for one main reason and that is because there are 324 colours used in this pattern. Yes, each motif is a different colour of floss so that means that it is going to be an interesting project to work on. I went through all my floss that I could quickly locate and found out that I only needed 3 flosses to complete this project so that made it an easy decision to start it right away. This was going to be a birthday start for me but I ended up starting it a few days early but that is fine because it is a fun piece to work on. Now to see how much of it I can get done this week as it is a lot of fun to sit and work on.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - this is the knitting project that got a little bit of attention yesterday. I haven't been getting a lot of knitting done this past week so figured it was time to try and work on something that I could maybe see some good progress on quickly and this project was the one that got the attention.

This section of the pattern is the easy section as I am just increasing every second row, so it means that I don't have to look at the pattern until I have got 134 stitches on my needles. It does make for an easy knitting project especially when I am watching webinars or videos that require a bit more of my attention.

I hope that this week I can continue to move this project forward as I would like to see how much of the increase rows I can get done. The lace section does require a bit more of my attention so I will need to ensure that I have the time to focus on the lace section when I get to it.

Other projects - the 12 Bird Knit Along didn't get any attention this past week but will see when I can pick it up and work on it again. Three sections of the pattern have now been released so that means that I am behind on this project, but it doesn't bother me because I will get it knit when I can.

I didn't work on my English paper piecing at all this week so that means I need to spend some time before the end of the month at least moving a couple of the projects forward. There are going to be times when I can work on these projects so at least something should get moved forward by the end of the month.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It doesn't have to be a long time but just having that little breaks where we can recharge our personal batteries is very important.

Hopefully, next week I will have some progress to show you on at least a couple of projects, but we will see how things go. 







No comments: