Tuesday, April 2, 2024

English Paper Piecing - March Progress

In March I didn't get a lot of time for working on my English Paper Piecing, but I did decide on one of the previous projects that I had started. I had started making two inches motifs for a throw for myself using fabric from my dad's shirts. I wasn't enjoying making that large of a motif, so I had to decide if I was going to continue to make the motifs and struggle to join them or should I restart this project with smaller motifs.

This is actually the third version of the throw that I am making. The first version I just need to finish the quilting section and then do the binding around the throw, and it will be done. The second version is still using the 2-inch motifs and I am over halfway through joining all of the motifs so that one I need to pick up and work on finishing the joining so that I can also get that one done.

As this version is for me, I had just started to make the motifs and hadn't started joining them together. Of course, the motifs are going to be half the size compared to what I started to work on, but already I am feeling happier, with the progress that I have been able to make. I am going to continue to work on this project and I will also work on finishing up the other two throws so that I can give them to the people that I am making them for.

Now that life is starting to get a little more organized and I am feeling good about things maybe I will be able to start moving my English Paper Piecing forward a little more. 

Other projects - I still have the table runner and the scarp throw that I am working on so that means I now have more projects that need my attention. I hope to be able to figure out an order of working on these projects and then see how it goes. Until then, I am just going to enjoy working on a project that I enjoy working on.

In April, I hope to be able to find some more time to focus on a project and maybe more it forward a bit more. It is always fun to see what I can get done so we will see what gets the attention in the next month. Until then, I hope that if you are doing any English paper piecing that you are enjoying your project and getting it moved forward.

No comments: