Monday, April 22, 2024

At least some progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes, another busy week is ahead for me. I hope that I can continue to enjoy some time where I can make progress on things, but time will tell.

I know that being able to find that bit of time each day is important and that is what I am going to have to try and achieve in the next few days.

324 - here is the focus piece that I have been working on and this week I was able to work on parts of four of the next rows. It is such a fun piece to work on and now that I have my floss a little more organized it is a lot easier to find each of the colours that I need for the piece. 

This week I have been focusing on trying to get a bunch of the larger motifs completed so that when I have time this coming week to stitch, I should be able to work on filling in some of the smaller blocks.

I am looking forward to getting a bit more of this project completed this coming week, but I will just see how much time I have to work on it. It would be nice to see more of it completed and maybe even get more of my floss organized in the process.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - I did get a little bit of knitting time on this project and it was nice to see a few more rows added. It wasn't a focus this past week so even getting the few rows done that I did makes me feel a little better.

This project may get a bit of attention this coming week as I do have a course that I need to take this week and maybe it will help me keep from getting distracted. The increases that I am still doing means that I don't have to worry about the pattern because currently it is just two rows, and it is easy to follow. I will see what progress I can make on this project as I would like to get it closer to finished.

12-Bird Mystery Knit Along - here is a project that I had started earlier this month and then it got put done and I didn't pick it up again. This past week I figured out what I think the problem was and it was the colour of yarn that I was using to knit the shawl. The yarn that I had been using was a dusty rose colour and not something that I could see myself wearing too often, if at all. 

At the end of last week, we decided it was time to figure out a new yarn that I could use for this project so we drove to the yarn store that I like and we checked out the various colours of yarn that they had. I had said I wanted something either light or medium grey for the shawl. There was one yarn that kept calling to me and it is a grey/blue so that is what I ended up picking up.

Yesterday I picked up the needles and this yarn and have started to make the shawl again. Hopefully I will get more progress on this one and once the pattern is released, I will be able to show you the progress that I have made on it.

Other projects - I didn't have a lot of time to focus on other projects this last week, so nothing else was given any attention. This week I am not certain how things are going to go so will just have to wait and see.

It is very important to ensure that you remember to take that little bit of time to yourself each day to recharge your personal batteries. I know that for me making sure that I can spend even a few minutes each day doing something that I enjoy.

I hope that this week I will have a bit of time to spend doing the things that I enjoy but only time will tell. Hope to have some progress to show you next week but until then keep recharging your own personal batteries in the method you enjoy.

No comments: