Monday, April 15, 2024

Making some progress

Here it is the start of another week and yes, another week where I am not certain how much time I am going to have to enjoy some crafting. I think I will just have to wait and see what happens. The weather is slowly warming up as well so it at least it is starting to feel like spring. Now we just need the rain to stop because it has been raining lots the last couple of weeks.

324 - This project did get some attention this week and I am loving how it is turning out. I have at least got 4 rows completed and now have 14 more rows to go. It is a lot of run working on this project because each motif or square doesn't seem to take long to do so you see progress quickly on it.

This project has also made me want to organize all my floss better so that is also what I have been doing while working on this project. When you have to use 324 different colours of floss on a project you need to have a method where you can easily find all of the colours when you need them. When I get all of my floss organized, I will take a picture of it to show you what I have done.


Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - I did spend a little bit of time working on my shawl this last week but not as much as I would have liked. I would like to get back to doing the 30 minutes of knitting a day so that might be something that I try and do a little more often. It would be nice to have this shawl finished before too long and the only way that is going to happen is if I can sit and work on it even a bit at a time.

This project is easy to work on especially when there are webinars that I need to watch, and I also need to pay some attention to the content. Having a shawl that is easy to work on especially for those times is nice and now to see if I can continue to move this piece forward.

Other projects - I have been working on a bit of my English Paper Piecing so hopefully by the end of the month I should have some progress to show you on that.

The Mystery Knit Along that I started for 12 Birds hasn't had any attention again and that doesn't make me happy. The fourth clue has now been released and I am still on the 1st clue, so I have a lot of knitting to do to catch up on this project. This project does require quite a bit of focus so I need to have the time where I can sit and work on it without the other distractions that happen.

This month is a busy month for me so there isn't as much time to sit and work on my projects, but I am trying to make sure that I take a bit of time each day to do something for myself. It doesn't have to be my crafting, it can be reading or just sitting and chatting with my husband. It is time where I am not stressing about all the other things that I should be doing.

I am not certain what this week has in store so will see what I can get accomplished. If things go well, I should have some progress on something to show you next week but only time will tell.

Hope everyone has a good week and remember that just taking that little bit of time for yourself and doing something that you enjoy is very important. We all need time to relax and recharge our personal batteries as that it important to each of us and those around us as well.




 

No comments: