Monday, March 13, 2023

Progress, new start and a finish

Here it is the start of another week and I do have a bit of progress from this last week. It has been a good week for me as I decided to focus on just a couple of projects and see how it end.

I was busy doing some other things that wasn't crafting so that took quite a bit of time so didn't have as much time to focus on moving things forward.

Mini the Forgotten - this week I decided to just focus on working on this piece to see how much of it I could get done. It was different than just working on this piece for a couple of days.

There is still a lot of this project to go but I am happy with the progress that I have made on it. I am trying to focus on getting the bottom section of the piece completed so will see how that goes over the next little while.  I am not sure if I will focus on this piece again this week or work on something different. That decision will be made when I go to do the stitching.

Wavy Lace Scarf - it didn't take me long to get this scarf finished this past week. It was a nice change using worsted weight yarn on a knitting project. 

The scarf is a nice length, and I am looking forward to seeing if I can make another one of these scarfs before too long. Theses scarves are easy to knit and don't take too long to make which is a nice change from what I have been knitting and am currently knitting. 

Wedding Shawl - after I finished the Wavy Lace Scarf it was time to start another knitting project so after trying to decide which project, I would start next I picked up and started the Wedding Shawl. 

This shawl has 12 rows to it so that means that I need to make sure that I know where I am on it. It does work on fairly quickly when I can sit and work on it for the 30 minutes. It has been nice continuing to do the 30 minutes of knitting each day as it gives me a bit of time to sit and relax and figure out plans for the day. My knitting is normally done with my coffee after breakfast and before I start my day.

Other projects - my English Paper piecing did get a bit of attention again this past week and I will show you what I got done when I do that blog at the end of the month. 

It has been nice having a couple of projects that are my focus as I am seeing that I can get quite a bit of progress on something instead of just bits of projects for a bunch of projects. I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy helping you recharge your personal batteries. My knitting has been my recharge and focus my thinking project and I have been able to make some good progress on things.

Hope everyone has a good week and hopefully next week I will have some more progress on things to show you.

No comments: