Monday, March 20, 2023

Focusing on projects

Here it is the start of another week and yes time for another update and what I have been working on. I have been trying to focus on projects for the last couple of weeks and it does make me happy to see the progress that I have made on a couple of things.

I have enjoyed just working on a couple of projects and have been able to see some good progress on both over the last 7 days.

Wedding Shawl - this is my knitting focus, and I must admit that I have been enjoying working on it as it does seem to knit up quicker now. The pattern is 12 rows, and it is easy to work on once you have a couple of the patterns completed. The shawl is getting about 30 minutes each day and it has helped move this project forward. I still have a long way to go on the shawl as it will measure around 70 inches if I knit it as long as the pattern calls for.

This knitting will continue to be my focus for the next little while as I would like to see how quickly I can get it completed by trying to focus on it a bit each day instead of bouncing between a lot of different knitting projects.

Mini the Forgotten - I have been using this piece as my cross stitch focus and it has helped me move it forward quite a bit. Over the last couple of weeks, I have only been stitching on this piece and have loved seeing the progress that I have done on it.

This past week my focus was on trying to get move of the background completed and it has helped me see some of the sections getting closer to being filled in. Being able to focus on a piece has meant that instead of a couple of projects getting stitched on and not seeing a lot of progress I am seeing at least some progress on this piece.

I have another project that I would like to start but there is a lot of me that wants to focus on this piece through the end of March and see how much of it I can get done. I am currently working towards being 50% completed and that I hope I can do this week but will just have to wait and see. 

Other projects - of course, my English Paper Piecing is getting a bit of attention but not a lot. I am continuing to move this project forward as well and, in some ways, having the focus that I have had this month it makes me happy seeing how much I can get done on something.

I hope everyone is finding the things that make them happy. My joy is ensuring that I find that 30 minutes a day to sit and knit and think through what I want to accomplish that day. My knitting is my start to the day, most of the time, and it gives me that time to set up the day so that I can get things done.

Next week I hope to have more progress to show you and I will see if I can continue to just focus on these projects for another week and see what they look like. Have a good week and enjoy your time that you set aside for yourself.




 

No comments: