Monday, March 6, 2023

A finish and some more progress

Here it is the start of another week and I have been able to make some good progress on things again this week. I hope that I can continue to see things either completed or at least moved forward in the next little while.

Life seems to be getting back to normal, and being busy with work and other things means there is less time to hide and do some of the crafting that I would like to do.

Ruskin's Penguins - here is the project that was my focus for the last little while, as I wanted to get it completed. This past week, I decided to put a lot of effort into it and see if I could get it done. I was able to get all of it stitched which means this is another finish for the year which makes me happy. Now to see what I work on next as I am going to be trying to move projects forward even just a bit.

I did use Anchor floss for this project, and my experience with the white floss wasn't the best. Anchor floss is similar to DMC, however it comes on spools instead of the skeins. The black floss was fine to work with, and I enjoyed using it and felt it was very similar to the black DMC. Some people say the Anchor black covers better than DMC black, but I didn't see much of a difference. The white floss to me felt rougher than DMC white, so it wasn't as enjoyable to work with. It might just be the spool of white that I got, but I am happy to have finished this project, as I will be putting that spool away.

Mini the Forgotten - I continue to work on this piece, and I am looking forward to seeing it finished. Being able to work on this piece each week is making me happy because I do see progress on it.

I have been able to get the bottom right corner stitched, so that made me happy because I know that I have now touched two of the corners. I still have a long way to go before I have reached the other corners, but I am going to continue to work on this piece, as I would like to see how much of it I can get done this year.

Wavy Lace Scarf - after finishing the other scarf last week, it was time to pull out something else that I had started and see how much of it I could get done this week. I had just started this scarf a while ago, so this week I made some good progress on it. The goal with this scarf is to knit it until the ball of yarn has been used up, and I am seeing that it shouldn't take me much longer to get this scarf finished up.

Other projects - English Paper piecing continues to get worked on and at least one of them got some attention this week. I haven't been working on other things as I have been trying to focus on moving only a few things forward at a time instead of bouncing between too many things.

I hope everyone had a good week last week, and you continue to find the time to do something that you enjoy each day.  Taking that little bit of time for yourself each day is important, and it helps you regain your focus.

Next week I hope to have some more progress on something to show you. Not sure what my projects are going to be, but I will continue to try and move projects forward, even just a bit.






No comments: