Monday, March 4, 2019

Where did the last week go?

Unleash the Butterflies - February 27
It is Monday morning and I am going to try and show you what I was able to work on last week. I was able to make some progress on a couple of projects as well as finish two other pieces.  I love when I can find the quick stitch pieces because it really does look like I have spent hours stitching when I really haven't.

Unleash the Butterflies - February 24
Unleash the Butterflies - this is one of the full coverage pieces that I am working on and it is my Heaven and Earth Designs.  I am continuing to work on getting sections of a page finished and just getting a few stitches in at a time is making me feel like I am seeing some progress on this piece.  There are 20 pages of pattern on this piece and 4 of the pages aren't full pages but the other 16 are.  I have finished one of the partial pages and I am now working on getting some of the full pages done but that will take some time as they are rather large.

11,000 member design - Jan 26
11,000 member design - March 2
Linen and Threads - 11,000 member design - this is a piece that I stitched in January and then decided that I would stitch it again using some of the floss from my stash so I pulled out a lot of over-dyed flosses and worked on it this week.

The smaller picture is showing you what the pattern colour was and the larger picture is my new version of the piece using my flosses.  I enjoyed both of these pieces and am now looking forward to framing both of these.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 19 - March 3
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - on Thursday morning the March section of the design was posted and it wasn't long before quite a few people had it finished.  I started it Thursday evening and I finished it Sunday afternoon.  Of course, I didn't get a lot of time to stitch during the week so I made sure I had at least started it Thursday evening with a few stitches and then the weekend was when I could actually sit down and work on it.

Roses - February 19
I am now going to be waiting to see what April looks like as it was wonderful to have a section that only took a few hours to stitch instead of the parts last year that took days to stitch each month.

Roses - March 3
Roses - here is another Heaven and Earth Design that I am stitching but it isn't a full coverage piece. My goal for this is each month for me to have at least stitches in on it as I would really like to see this pattern finished quickly but considering it is 64 pages quickly isn't going to be really that quick.  I do aim for at least one page finished each month so I hope to see more of this design stitched through this year.  I was able to get a page finished already this month so will see if I can get another page finished before the end of the month so that I am a little bit ahead on the overall project. The fabric has been moved on the frame now so that I can start working on another page of this piece so will see when I can get the time to do just that.


The week ahead is like all the other weeks with work needing to get done as well as other things that need attention and then I will see what time I have to do some stitching.  Not sure what I will be working on this coming week but I have a few things that I might work on so will just have to wait and see.  Hope everyone has a great week and finds a bit of time to do the crafting or whatever they love to do.







No comments: