Monday, February 25, 2019

Moving things forward

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Feb 17
It is the start of another week so that means another update to show what I have been working on over the last week.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Feb 21

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 19 - here is a project that I will be working on each month this year and I am looking forward to seeing the continued changes on this piece.

The February section was a lot of work as it was completing all the borders that will help in the placement of 8 elements.  Once the elements have been stitched there will be a border around the entire piece.  This week I was able to get the top section of the border completed so now I am waiting to see what the March section will be.

It is amazing to think that this is the third year that Linen and Threads have released a mystery stitching along and it has been free to anyone on the internet.  Each year it has been a monthly release and the only cost that a stitcher incurs is the cost of the fabric and thread that they use as well as the time that they spend stitching.  The pattern is free.

Roses - Feb 17
Roses - Feb 22
Roses - here is one of the Heaven and Earth designs that I am currently working on.  This week I didn't get a lot of stitching completed on this piece but at least I was able to get a bit done so this design continues to get moved forward.  I  hope that early in March that I can have another page finish as that would help me see that I am actually making progress on this piece.  The next page finish will be the 4th page so it is slowly coming along.

Unleash the Butterflies - Feb 16
Unleash the Butterflies - this is a project that I started last weekend and I have been able to see some good progress on it.  Sure it takes a while to see any real images but at least I am starting to see some areas getting completed so I am going to be continuing to work on this piece as well in March.

Unleash the Butterflies - Feb 24
I have started working on the second page of this design and the page goes up to where the top stitches are visible on the picture. I know it is going to take me some time to get this page finished but I will continue to try and get a few stitches on this design then I have a bit of time.


Crafts that I enjoy is how I stitch my mind back together at the end of the day.  Stitching is the final thing that I do most evenings even if it is only a couple of stitches.  I ensure that all the other tasks that I have to do are completed and then I sit down and either just look at the piece or put a few stitches in on something to help me relax before going to bed. Stitching is either knitting, crocheting or cross stitch is a way for me to quiet my mind to ensure that when I go to bed, I go to sleep instead of thinking about all the tasks that I will be facing the next day.

It is now time to get some work done here at my desk so hope everyone has a great week and you all find the time to do the things that you love to do.



No comments: