Sunday, March 31, 2019

Progress on some pieces

Unleash the Butterflies - March 24
It's Monday morning, and yes I can say that I was able to make a little bit of progress on some projects this week and I am happy with what I was able to accomplish.

Unleash the Butterflies - I decided to try and see if I could get some more stitches done on this piece this week and I was able to accomplish that.  I have to admit that the picture of what I accomplished isn't the greatest, but at least it is a picture.

Unleash the Butterflies - March 26
I have continued to work on the page to see how much more of it I could get finished and I am slowly seeing that I am getting closer to being at the top of this page and then I can work on another page.  I have the goal of finished this page in April but will see how long it takes me to do that.

I know that I am going to try and work on this piece again in April as my goal is to see a page finished so that is one of the goals that I would like to achieve.  I feel like being able to get this page done would also help me see that this project is slowly moving forward.


Temperature 2019 - Feb 5
Temperature - 2019 - now this project hasn't been touched since the beginning of February and part of that is because I needed to think about if I was going to actually do the design for this year or if it was something that I was just going to skip.
Temperature 2019 - March 28

It doesn't take me too long to get one day stitched, but when you are over two months behind on the design, it does take quite a bit of time to see any progress on it so now to see what happens.  I hope that in April I can put a little bit more effort into this piece as I would like to see that I can continue to move it forward even a bit at a time and then maybe see that I can get it caught up, but I know that is going to take some time before that is done.

Roses - March 22
Roses - I have to say that I am loving working on this piece and can't wait to see more of it finished. I am not sure if it is the single colour that I am liking or the amount of detail that you can see when you do some of the stitching.  I have been able to get some pages finished in March so now I have 8 out of the 57 pages finished, and I am looking forward to seeing how many more pages I can get finished this year.

Roses - March 31
This last week we were looking at frames for this piece, and I think that is when I realized the actual size of this piece.  Looking at a rather large frame and realizing it is what I need to for this was something that was hard to understand.  The frame that we were looking at was 22 inches by 28 inches, and that is just a little bit bigger than the finished piece.  Seeing the size of the frame and then thinking about the piece just didn't seem to match but then I realized that when I am stitching I am only seeing 11 inches x 17 inches at a time so I really don't see the entire piece very often.

In April I am going to try and work on this piece as well as I would really like to see more of the roses appear and more of the overall detail.


I hope that this week I can work a little more on Roses and actually do a bit of stitching on the Linen and Threads Mystery SAL April section.  It was released yesterday morning, and I was able to get any of it stitched yesterday so will see how this week goes for it.

It is now time for me to get the work done that is currently on my desk as it is the 1st of the month and always a busy day for us.  Hope everyone has a great week and you are able to find some time to do some of the things that you love to do.

No comments: