Monday, May 25, 2015

Princess Sofia progress

Princess Sofia - May 18th
This past week I was able to find a bit of time to sit and work on Princess Sofia. I did miss three days of stitching but I was still able to make some progress on her and that is making me very happy.

My first focus was on getting the bottom of her dress and her shoes done and that was achieved by Saturday evening.  I was working on the lower section as I am stitching her on a scroll frame so only have part of her showing at any one time.  My frame was large enough that I could get the lower part of her dress and her shoes done but after that it meant I was going to have to roll the fabric some.
Princess Sofia - May 23rd

Saturday night was when the rolling took place as I finished the bottom and wanted to start working on the rest of her.  Now the focus on is getting her arms and the top of her dress done and then it just leaves the hair and face to go.

Yesterday I didn't get a lot of stitching done as I did enjoy some time outside sitting on the balcony and watching the neighbourhood.  The stitching I did was focused on getting one arm done and a bit of work on the top of the dress.  It feels good now that I have finished the part section as that was the section with the most work so now I am over half done.

Princess Sofia - May 24th
I am not sure how much longer it is going to take me to finish her but once the actual stitching is done there will still be the beads and such that need to be added to her dress.

Princess Sofia is coming along fairly quickly and now that I am pass the half way mark I think it will be easy to work on and see some more results quickly.

Until I am adding the beads you will only be seeing sections of the project as my scroll bar sides aren't long and I like that.  When the beads are going to be added I will move her to my q-snap frame and then I will be able to take pictures of the entire design again.

This week I hope to find some more time to get some stitching done.  Now off to get some work done and then this evening see if I can get more of Princess Sofia completed.



No comments: