Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stitching

Last night I went to the stitch night at Gitta's and have to admit it was a lot of fun.  We were offered a class on learning to do a tartan using our name and birth-date. 

So I had to try something different and of course decided that I would take this class and see how I did.   Being a leftie sometimes comes with it's challenges  for stitching but this was one stitch I was able to do without any problems at all but of course it's a half cross so it was easy just getting the back to look correct was my challenge.  The tartan should be basically reversible when it's done and of course because I do petit point I wanted to do the continental stitch and that wasn't what I was suppose to do.

So here is a picture of what my tartan looks like so far.  I will show you the back once it's completed.

Yes I still have lots of work to do on it but it is fun to do once you figure out the colours and number of rows for each letter in your name and the rows for your birth-date.  So I hope to work on this a bit more over the next few days as I am looking forward to seeing what it looks once I have added the rest of the colours in both directions.

Name tag progress:
I am still working on my name tag for the getaway but should be able to get it finished soon but think I will wait until next week to finish it.  I want to do some other stitching this weekend.

No comments: