Monday, March 2, 2020

Where did the week go

Diagonal Garter Shawl - Feb 23
This past week went extremely fast, and I am not exactly sure where the week went. Things around here have been busy, so I haven't had a lot of time to do much of anything other than work and the normal other things that everyone has to do.

Diagonal Garter Shawl - Feb 29
Diagonal Garter Shawl - I continue to work on this a little bit at a time and am happy with the progress that I have made on the shawl.  I decided to put a marker at the 20-inch mark and see how much more I could get done.  I put the marker in over a week ago, and I am not over 30 inches completed but still have to continue to work on this piece until it measures 60 inches, so still, quite a bit of knitting to go. 

I love how this pattern is turning out and also love that it is so easy to work on.  It is basically two rows of pattern, and one is a decrease/increase and the other is plain knitting so now.  I have to continue with this pattern until the side measures 60 inches, and then I can start working on the decrease.

English Paper Piecing - Dec 20
English Paper Piecing - I decided this past week that I would pull out this project and see if I could get it moving forward again.  I have some of the motifs already made, so that meant that I could start joining them all together. This project is going to take quite a while to complete, but I am enjoying working on it.  Now to see how many motifs I can get made this month and also how many I can get joined onto the runner.  The runner has around 220 motifs in it, so I am still quite a way away from finishing it, but I am starting to enjoy this again.
English Paper Piecing - March 1

I hope that I can continue to work on the runner and maybe see that I can make some good progress on it soon.  There are so many other designs that I would like to try, but I need to get this runner finished before I start working on something else.


I am also working on a gift project that doesn't have any pictures of it because I want it to be a surprise for the person that I am making it for.    I will take pictures of the project once it is finished and has been gifted.  This is the project that I try and give my bits of free time to so that I can get it finished up quickly.


I hope everyone has a good week, and you find a bit of time each day to do the things that you enjoy doing.  I am now off to get some work done that is sitting on my desk.  Have a great week, and I will see what progress I have to show you next week.

No comments: