Monday, August 26, 2019

Some progress again this week

Dice Bag - August 17
 Here it is another week is over, and I have to admit that I am not too sure where the entire week went.  I had a lot of things that needed my attention in the last week, so that meant that stitching didn't get a lot of attention, but that's ok.  I will see what this week has in store and then go from there.

Dice Bag - August 24
Dice Bag - I was able to finally pick up this piece and work on the border for the second side.  The border doesn't take too long to complete if you can sit and focus on it, but that wasn't something that I was doing, so it took a few days to get around the border.

This project is now going to be sitting for a little while as I finish deciding what I will be adding to the rest of the second side of the bag.  I have a few ideas, so now I am going to work on other things and let this sit and see what the final decision ends up to be.


MAP - August 11
Mysterious Adventure Project (MAP) - Last Monday another part was released of the pattern, and this part was the nameplate.   Now the decision started with what do I name my map and how to stitch it and where to place it.  I had been working on the border of the section that I thought was going to be the bottom of my map, but after figuring things out and looking at the entire project I flipped the MAP and now what was the bottom is currently the top of the MAP.

MAP - August 24
The charting of the nameplate, as well as the name of the MAP, took some time and as you can see I wasn't able to get a lot of the stitching done this week.  I hope that I can find some time to continue to work on the nameplate as I would like to have at least one part of the pattern completed before another section is released.  I am behind on the coastline and the border, but that doesn't bother me because I am finding that not being totally caught up has it's advantages when some decisions in another section need to be made.

I am in some ways enjoying this project, but in some other ways, I am frustrated with it.  The descriptions of the various sections need some improvement, and the key to the colours needs a lot of work.  The colour key doesn't match the charted examples we are given, so that means a lot of decision need to be made.  Sure I understand that each MAP is going to be different and the colours are our choice but at least knowing that colours were used in the example would be nice.

Heaven and Earth Designs - of course, this week Heaven and Earth Designs have another sale on their site, so maybe I need to check my wishlist and see if I pick up another pattern. I love having my wishlist on their website as it means that I can always show people some of the patterns that I want. 


I have a few more things that I would like to work on this coming week, and I know that Linen and Threads will be releasing the September section so that means something else that will need to be stitched.  I would like to see a bit of progress on at least a couple of my projects, but I am not sure which projects will get the attention this week.

It is now time for me to try and get the work done that is currently waiting for me.  Hope everyone has a great week and you find a bit of time to do the things that you enjoy doing each day.

No comments: