Monday, August 12, 2019

Moving projects forward

MAP - August 4
 Here it is the start of another week, and I am happy to say that I was able to get a bit of stitching in last week.

Mysterious Adventure Project (MAP) - this project did get a bit of attention this week as I was trying to finish stitching all the coastline.  I finished the first colour on both of the coastlines but have to admit that they took quite a while to stitch.  Sure the piece is only 200 stitches high but considering all the twists and turns the coastline takes it meant for a lot of stitching time.
MAP - August 6

Once the first colour of the coastline was completed, I decided to try and see if I could start to add a bit more colour to the border. I started working on the rope section and have added one colour to about a quarter of the rope so yes it is going to take a while to get all the colours in the border, but at least I am moving it forward even if it is slow.

MAP - August 11
The coastline got a little bit more attention yesterday as I started to work on getting the next colour in.  The coastline consists of four colours, so it will take some time to get them all completed.  The aim of the last three colours to try and smooth out some of the areas, so that takes a bit longer as you are looking at the different sections and figuring out where to add the additional stitches.   I hope to have more of MAP done this week as the next section is released on the 19th of August.

Dice Bag - August 11
Dice Bag - this project is the result of buying dice for MAP and then figuring out I needed my dice bag. There wasn't a pattern that I liked available, so I decided to make my design and stitch it up.  I have at least one side of the bag mostly stitched and now to figure out what to add to the second side.  There are a couple of ideas already designed, but I think I need some time to figure out what I want my bag to look like.  Before stitching any more on the inside section of the second side, I will finish the border and then see what I feel like adding.  My dice bag is around 6 inches square so not large but big enough for all the dice that I have.


That is all the stitching that I was able to get done last week, but at least I was able to make a bit of progress on a couple of projects. This week I hope to be able to add some stitches in on MAP as well as on the Dice Bag.  I also think it is time to try and work on another project for a little while but not sure what I will dig out to work on.

Hope everyone has a great week and you find the time to do some of the things that you love to do. I am now off to get the work done that is on my list for today and then maybe tonight I will try and spend a few minutes doing something I like doing.



No comments: