Monday, June 24, 2019

Some progress this week

Roses - June 16
Here it is Monday morning, and I have been able to get a few things moved forward, so that makes me feel good.  I am not sure how this coming week will go, but at least I have something to show you for the last week.

Roses - I continue to work on this piece a bit each day and am extremely happy with the progress that I have been making on it. During this last week I was able to reach the far right point on the design and also get another couple of pages finished.  I now have 27 out of the 57 pages finished and will continue to see how much more of this piece I can get worked on.

Roses - full pictures to June 22
Yesterday morning before I did any more stitching I decided it was time to move the frame again so that I could see the entire piece but also make some more room for the next three pages that I am going to be working on.  It is so nice when I can see the entire piece and see how much of it that is actually completed.  I know that this has been almost nine months of working on it.  I am happy with the overall progress that I have made and am looking forward to seeing what it looks like in September when it will be one year of working on this piece.

Roses - June 23
I am not sure how much stitching on Roses I will get done this week, but at least I know that I should be able to make some more progress on it as I will continue to try and work on it each day. I know that there are days where I can only get a few stitches in and then there are days especially on the weekend when I can get more done so will see what this week is like.

Unleash the Butterflies - May 6
Unleash the Butterflies - I decided for the weekend that I would also try and put a few stitches in on a different project, so that is what I did.  I pulled out Unleash the Butterflies and worked on it for a little bit just so that I could see some more progress on it.  I haven't worked on this piece since early May, so it was nice to pick it up and put some more stitches in on it.

Unleash the Butterflies - June 22
It doesn't look like I got much done, but at least it was a few stitches which keep this project moving forward.  I will continue to try and work on this piece a bit at a time until I have finished Roses when this project will probably become a focus piece.  I know that even adding 100 stitches on this piece when I pick it up is something and that is how I keep thinking of this piece.  100 stitches keep it moving forward so if I can continue to add even that each time I work on it, I am getting it closer to being finished.


This week I will have another new project to work on, so I will see how this week goes.  I joined another stitch-a-long and am looking forward to seeing the results.  I can't show you a picture of the finished piece as we don't know what the end result is other than it is a Mysterious Adventure and it will be a map.   The first section was released this morning, so I hope that this evening after adding some stitches into Roses that I can pull this out and work on it.

It is now time for me to get some other things done as I have a busy week ahead of me.  Hope everyone has a great week and you enjoy the weather and find some time each day to do something that you enjoy doing.

No comments: