Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Progress and two new starts

Roses - June 23
Here it is Tuesday morning, and I am writing up about the progress for the last week.  I didn't write yesterday as it was a holiday here and I spend some of the time away from the computer which was nice.

Roses- July 1
Roses - I was able to get some work on this piece over the last week but as you can see it didn't get as much attention as it has been getting.  I was able to get another two pages finished even if they were small.  It is nice saying that I am now half way through this project and am looking forward to seeing it move forward over the next while. Now to see how much stitching I get done on this piece over the next couple of weeks as I have another project that I am trying to get finished quickly.

MAP - July 1
MAP - Mysterious Adventure Project - now this is a project that I started this last week, and it is another stitch along, and this one is by Ink Circles.  I can't show a picture of the finished piece as it is something that will be released a bit at a time over the next five months.  Also, the idea behind this project is you use dice to decide some of your layouts.

I am looking forward to working on this piece and seeing what my final MAP will look like.

I have just started working on the border of the design, and it is going to be rather large so that is going to take me some time to do once I can sit and focus on working on it.  We also get to pick a name for our map, so that is something else that I am trying to figure out, but I don't need it until August.

Mikros - July 1
Mikros - here is a small map that I am working on, and it was a bonus chart when you signed up to do the Mysterious Adventure Project.  I figured it was something that I wanted to work on and get done, so that is what I have been working on.  I hope to have this map finished within the next couple of weeks as it is only 3 inches x 5 inches so not as big as the other one is going to be.

This map was charted for us, so there wasn't any design work required to start this one so I picked my colours for this map and off I went.  The fabric that I am using is an 18 count Aida which I tea and coffee dyed as I wanted something that looks old.  The colours don't show up too well in the picture, but it does have a worn look.


It is now time for me to start to focus on getting the work done that I need to finish up today.  Hope everyone has a great week and you find time to do the things that you love each day.  You may not have a lot of time to do your own things, but finding a little bit of time to do the things you love is important.



No comments: