Monday, June 10, 2019

Progress and a small finish

Roses - June 2
It is Monday morning, and yes I was able to find little bits of time to craft in the last week considering the schedule was pretty busy.

Roses - once again a few stitches were added each day to this piece, and I am loving how it is turning out. While working on the piece during the week, I was able to finish off two pages so now have 23 out of the 57 pages stitches.  I know I still have a long way to go on this piece, but at least I am making a bit of progress.

Roses - June 9
Today I am going to be moving the q-snap so that I can start to work on the next section of pages as I have now finished the top two rows of pages.  In a lot of ways, it is all downhill from here.  I am hoping that before too long, I will be able to see the right most point of the pattern also touched.

I have continued to put in a few stitches each day on this piece, and it keeps me motivated as I would like to have this piece hanging on our living room wall before too long.  I still think it will be another 8 - 10 months before this piece is finished.

Spring Garden - May 26
Spring Garden Needlebook - one night this week, I decided to try and get at least one thread in on the border so that I could start to see a bit more progress on the piece.  I got the one thread in, and that was it so yes this piece is taking a long time to work on.  I thought I would have it finished by the end of June but considering how much I have stitched on it over the last while I think it will be July or August before I see the end of the order.
Spring Garden - June 6

The border shouldn't take too long to do if I could focus on it but of course, focusing on this piece doesn't seem to work considering everything else that I would like to be working on.   I will try to put a couple more threads in on the border in the next while to make sure that I can finish this piece instead of it ended up in a file of things that should be finished, but I don't work on.

 #GiveLoveGetLove - this piece was a fun piece to work on as well as quick. I stitched this piece with some of the overdyed floss that I had and am now going to turn this piece into a little pillow.
#GiveLoveGetLove - June 9

There is a bit of a story behind this piece, and it is from a Flosstuber that I watch and she received some floss and fabric from a couple of other stitchers as a gift.  Jan, who is the flosstuber that I watch used the hashtag givelovegetlove to express her feelings and a designer after hearing that charted the pattern so that it was available to stitch.   I love the sentiment behind this hashtag because it is so true that if you give love, you will get love back.


This week I hope to find some time each night to put a few stitches in on Roses and then I will see what else gets a bit of attention.  I now have some work that I need to get finished up, so that is the first thing on the agenda for today.

Hope everyone has a good week and you find a bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing.



No comments: