Monday, May 6, 2019

Where did the week go?

Roses - April 28
Here it is Monday morning, and I have to admit that I am not sure where the last went has gone.  Yes, it has been a busy week, so I know that is one of the reasons why I am not sure where it went.

Roses - I continue to make some progress on Roses each day even if it is just a few stitches.  I am happy with what the piece is looking like and can't wait to see that I have reached the top of the design which shouldn't be too long from now. 
Roses - May 5

One of my goals this month is to reach the top point of the design, and that will also mean a nice milestone for the overall piece.  This weekend I was able to finish another page, so that means I have now completed 14 out of the 57 pages of the pattern.  Yes, it is slow progress when you only get a few stitches done each day, but at least I have been able to continue to move this piece forward a little at a time.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 19 - May 3
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 19 - once again I was able to make some quick progress on this piece and was able to get it done in a couple of evenings of stitching.  I love how this piece is turning out and look forward to the beginning of each month when we get the new section.  I am not sure what section we will be getting for June but no matter what I will be looking forward to once again picking up this piece and seeing how long it takes to get the next section complete.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - May 3
I decided that I would add the picture of the entire piece to date so that you can see what it looks like.  It has been a nice piece to work on, and we have already been told that there is going to be a Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '20, so that is nice, but we won't find out anything until late in the year.  We may find out the size of the fabric we need but other than that we won't know the design until January 1st, 2020.

Spring Garden - May 3
Spring Garden - needle book - this is a project that I decided to work on after finishing the scissor fob that goes with this book.  I am not sure how long this piece will take to complete, but I hope that this week I will be able to make a bit of progress on it. 

I have at least got two of the sections outlined so getting them filled in will be nice, and then there is a border that goes around the entire piece so that may be the section that takes the longest to complete.  I am not sure which section I will work on next, but I look forward to seeing the entire piece come to life.

Mahala Barber - May 5
Mahala Barber - this design is once again part of the Linen and Threads family, and it is a section from a sampler by the name of Mahala Barber.  Brandon Kirk of Fox and Rabbit designs provided this section of the chart as a complimentary design after doing a podcast.  I saw the piece and decided that I needed to stitch this piece up, so I kitted it up and have now just got a bit of a start on it.  The project isn't very large so I will see how quickly I can get this one completed as well.


Last week was a busy week for me and this week looks about the same.  I hope to get together with some friends one evening for a Stitch Night but other than that I will have to see what time I get for working on the various projects.

Hope everyone has a great week and again find the time even if it is just a few minutes each day to do the things that you enjoy doing.



No comments: