Monday, May 27, 2019

A bit of progress

Roses - May 20th
Here it is Monday morning, and I have been able to make a bit of progress on my stitching.

Roses - now this is the project that got most of the attention this week, and it didn't get a lot of attention.  I was able to get some more work on a page, and one of the pages is now finished.  I have 19 pages finished on this piece so at least I am making some progress on it each day.

Roses - May 26th
I decided I was going to work across the top of the pattern so that I could at least get the entire top section done, so that meant working on getting the butterfly completed.  I have to admit that I didn't realize how much detail was in the butterfly until I started stitching it.  It has taken me quite a while to get the stitching in on the butterfly so far, and I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me to get it completed.  I love all the little detail that starts to appear when you can stop and look at the piece from a bit of a distance  When working on this piece I really don't see the detail until I put it down at the end of the evening to take a picture and look at the progress I have made.  There have been days when I have only got a few stitches in and other days I have got a couple of threads, but every stitch is at least some progress.

Spring Garden - Needlebook - May 20th
Spring Garden - Needlebook - May 26th
Spring Garden - Needlebook - this project almost didn't get any work done on it this week, but I decided that late Sunday I would at least pick it up for a little bit and get one thread done on it, so that is what I did.  I have now started the border around the entire piece and will see how long it takes to get it completed.  I had hoped to have this piece done by the end of May, but it looks like I may be looking at some point in June to get it done. It doesn't bother me because at least I am making some progress on this piece.


This week I am not sure how much stitching I will be able to get done, but I will be trying to at least get a few stitches in on Roses each day.  I have a lot of other things that I need to get done so that will be the main focus again this week with making some time to stitch at the end of the day. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and you continue to find time to do the things you enjoy doing.  It doesn't matter if it is 5 minutes or a lot of time each day but making sure you do what you enjoy is important.

No comments: