Monday, February 4, 2019

some progress

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Jan 24

Where did the last week go? I think I know where the time went and I can admit that I really enjoyed everything that I did.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - After having some time to wait for the February section to be released I figured I would work on some of the other projects that I have on the go and instead of working on any of my cross-stitch the knitting needles go used and some progress was made.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Feb 3
On January 30th the February section of the Mystery SAL was released and it was once again time to try and get some stitching done.  The outline of some of the borders has been released so that has meant some time sitting and stitching around the peacock.  I will be continuing to work on getting the rest of the border done this month and will see what other stitching I will be able to get done as well.   It is fun working on this piece as I am starting to see it come to life and I am liking the colours that I have picked for this year's piece.  I know they are the same threads like last year and I think they will work well for this year's piece as well.

I hope to get back to working on the border around the Peacock this coming week but will have to see how things go.

Knitting - I have been able to get some knitting done in the last week and a lot of it was fun.

Small version - Workday scarf
One project that got done pretty quickly was a smaller version of the workday scarf.  I was asked to make this version for a doll so that meant it was a quick stitch as I only had to go from 11 stitches up to 30 stitches and then back down again.  It was nice seeing how quickly this scarf worked up and the person is happy with the finished piece.

Besides working on the smaller version of the workday scarf I finished another regular version of it using Sock-Ease yarn in the colourway Taffy.  This scarf is a lot of fun to make and it is something that I can pick up and knit a couple of rows when I have a bit of time. 

Workday scarf - Taffy
This weekend I was able to wear my purple version of the Workday scarf to an event on February 1st and a number of people commented on it. I will be making a couple more versions of this scarf using different yarns as it is fun to make something that really doesn't take too long to do.

I am also working on the Easy Goes It Shawl using the Sock-Ease yarn so I hope to have it finished before the end of this coming week. The Easy Goes It Shawl is using the new Prym Ergonomic knitting needles that I wrote a review in my previous post.


It is now time for me to start getting some things done today that I need to get done.  I have a meeting as well today so will see how that goes.  Until next week hope you can find some time to do what you enjoy doing and know that even if you can't do something each day at least doing a little bit when you can will help you feel a lot better about things.



No comments: