Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Some progress, a finish and a new start

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Feb 9
Before I start this blog I am going to say it is going to be longer than a normal post.

It is the start of another week and sure it might be Tuesday when I am writing this but it is the start of the work week for me.  It was a holiday here in Ontario yesterday so I took the day to relax and not write this blog.  The past week was a good week and considering there was a snow day, a stitching night with friends and a three day weekend I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on some of the projects.

Yes, we had a snow day here or at least I did because my clients weren't in work so I couldn't get the answers to finish up some of the work that needed to be done.  It waited the one day and then I was able to get it finished up.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '19 - Feb 17

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL  '19 - this is the project that I continue to work on as I would like to get the February section done before the end of the month.  I have completed the bottom section of it and now just need to add the blocks to the top of the piece and complete the outline.  I hope to have this finished before the end of the month so that I can keep caught up on this piece.  The March section will probably be released February 27th.

This section is taking longer than I expected to complete as there is a lot of work involved but with a bit of effort this week I hope to get it done.

Roses - Feb 9
Roses - this week I decided that it would be great to see if I could at least get a few stitches in on this Heaven and Earth design. I made a little bit of progress on one of the pages so at least this got moved forward a little bit.

Roses - Feb 17
The overall piece is going to take quite a while to complete but I keep working on it a page at a time and that is helping me see some progress but again it is slow moving but I understand that.  I think I was able to add around 400 stitches to this piece so not a lot but at least it was something.  If things go well this week I would like to get a few more stitches in on it to see if I can get a little closer to getting another page finished before too long.

Unleash the Butterflies
Unleash the Butterflies - this is the new start that I did this week and again it is one of those projects that is going to take quite a while to finish.  The finished size of this design will be 13 inches x 18 inches when completed.  The actual section that I got done this week was 1 inch by 3.5 inches so a little bit of progress but again not a lot when you think of the size of the piece.

Unleash the Butterflies - Feb 16
You're Not An Avocado - Feb 15
The thread that you see at the top of the piece are threads that I am going to be using when I move to work on the next page of the design.  I decided that instead of bouncing all over the piece, like I normally do, I was going to try and finish one page at a time so these threads are parked and ready to be used when I start the next page.

You're Not An Avocado - here is a fun piece that I was asked if I would stitch.  I have been working on this piece for a couple of weeks but didn't want to post any progress on it until it was finished and given to the person.  This piece was a nice change from all the projects that I have been working on.  It isn't something that I would normally stitch but I am happy that I was able to get it stitched up as quickly as I did.  I think I was able to get this completed in 5 stitching sessions so again not a big piece.   This piece is around 4.5 inches square so something that was fun and quick to work on.


It's a four day work week here so that means that the days are going to be busy but I hope that most evening I can find even a little bit of time to relax and stitch my mind back together.  It is now time for me to get the work done that needs my attention and I hope everyone else finds a bit of time each day to do the things that they love.





No comments: