Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Some stitching accomplished

This week I decided to try and work on a few projects to see if I could get them moved forward and I was able to do just that.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - Sept 1
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - that was released on August 31st and it didn't take me long to start stitching on it and because it was a nice small piece I am happy to say that it is finished for the month.  Yes, the entire section took me basically a day to stitch and now I will have some time to work on some other projects in September as I wait for the October section to be released at the end of the month.

Temperature - August 23
Temperature - September 3
Temperature - I was determined to try and make some progress on this piece again this month and I was able to get to around July 17th stitched. Sure, I am still a month and a half behind on the stitching but at least I am slowly making some progress on the overall project.  I also figure it is nice to see each month come together so I am trying to just work on one month at a time and will see what happens.

This week I hope to be able to pick this up again and do a bit of stitching on it and see how many more days I can get done.  I am still trying to keep up with the four rows a day on the entire piece so will see how that goes.  The four rows are basically four half rows of stitching that I try and do so that I can maybe finally get caught up with this project.

Toronto Sunset - original photo by Gary Da Ponte
Toronto Sunset - after all the stitching that I was able to do this week I decided it was time for a new start.  I know that I have a lot of other projects that I am working on but this one sort of called my name and I quickly wanted to start it as I know it is going to take some time to stitch but will see how it goes.  The finished piece is going to be around 18 inches wide by 12 inches high and it is full coverage so that means around 70,000 stitches to get done on this design.

Toronto Sunset - September 2
The stitched piece currently has around 550 stitches in on it so yes I am a long way from getting this piece even close to finished.  It is nice to be working on a project that I know the landmarks as well as knowing the photographer.  I am looking forward to seeing how much of this I can get accomplished this year but I also know that I won't be getting it finished for a while.

ETSY projects - I am continuing to work on getting more items up onto the ETSY site and that is also keeping me busy when I am not working on actual work that needs my attention.  The latest project that has been taking some of my time is working on making some face scrubbies out of handicraft cotton yarn.
Face scrubbies


I have been having a lot of fun working on the various ETSY items as we have received some custom orders as well so that has given me a bit of variety also on the projects that I have been making for the shop.  I still have lots of items that I want to be adding to the shop so that means that it will also be taking some of my stitching time to get everything completed.


It is now time for me to get the work done that needs my attention today.  I have my to-do list in front of me and need to start marking off all the items that need to get done today and I have completed.  Hope everyone has a great week and I will see what stitching and that I can get done through this week.

No comments: