Monday, August 27, 2018

Moving projects forward

Coffee Quaker - August 19
Here it is another week and yes I was able to find some time to do some stitching and am happy with the progress that I see on some of the projects.

Coffee Quaker - August 24
Coffee Quaker - well this project got a little bit of time and it would have got more if I hadn't had to restitch the bird.  of course, when I started the bird I had it in the wrong place so after finishing it and moving onto the next motif I discovered I had placed it wrong so that meant that I had to take out the motif that I had started and the entire bird.  As you can see the bird is back and it is now in the correct place and next time I pick this project up I will try and get some more of the motifs completed.

All Dogs Go To Heaven - July 20
All Dogs Go To Heaven - This is going to be a very long project and I understand that because it is a full coverage piece and there are 89 colours in a piece that is going to be around 13 x 16 inches when it is finished.  I am enjoying working on it but right now with basically three different shades of blue happening is sure doesn't look like much.

All Dogs Go To Heaven - August 26
I am thinking that next time I pick this project up I may see if I can add at least one other colour to the piece as it would help a lot.  As this piece is so large I ended up putting a spreadsheet together so that I can track the progress that I am making on the design.  It is 24 pages of pattern and of course, the page I am currently working on has the most stitches on it so that is going to take me some time to get through.  As of Saturday evening, I have finished 22% of the first page and 1.4% of the entire design.  Yes, it is going to be taking me quite a while to see some really good progress on this piece but considering some of the Heaven and Earth Designs can take people two or three years to complete I understand.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - August 19
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - Of course, this piece needed some attention this week because I wanted to make sure that I got the entire August section done before the September section is released.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - August 23
The Phoenix did seem to take quite a while to do and I am not sure why but at least by Thursday evening I was able to say that the August section is now complete and I am waiting to see what the September piece is going to be like.  I am thinking it might be a border design to break up the design but we will have to wait until the end of this week to see what it is.  I figure I will try and get the September section started as soon as it is released and then see how much time I have in September to work on other projects.

Temperature - August 18
Temperature - I am still working on getting Temperature caught up and that is taking some time but at least this week I was able to get June finished up and have just started the July temperatures.

Temperature - August 23
I am continuing to try and get four of the temperatures done each day and it seems to be helping as it means that I am slowly getting caught up on this piece.  I decided that I am going to try and continue to get four of the temperatures done each day through September and maybe then I will be a little closer to being caught up by the end of the month.  I know that I want to have this piece completed in early January 2019 and the only way that is going to happen is if I can actually get it all caught up and then just be adding the two temperatures from each day as they happen.


I am still working on a few other projects and am happy with the progress that I have been able make.  Just seeing that things continue to move forward is great.  I am busy with work as well so that means that the crafting time is the evenings and weekends but I don't mind.  I enjoy sitting in the evenings doing some crafting and I have something to show for it at the end of the evening.

I hope everyone has a great week and if you are also a crafter, you can find some time to do the things that you enjoy doing.


No comments: