Monday, January 22, 2018

More progress

Swan - January 14
This week I decided that it was important to try and focus on just a couple of projects when I had the time to stitch.  Of course, a bunch of other project have wanted some attention but I was determined that I was going to stick with my focus and that is what I did for most of the week.
Swan - January 20

Swan - now this project got the most attention this week and that is because I would love to see it moved forward a little quicker.  I also have a goal of having this project done by the end of April so I need to work on it.

There are a lot of different colour changes in parts of the Swan so that did slow me down a bit but then I started working on the reflection and that is when I got to see some good progress quickly.  I am going to continue to work on this project as I hope to get more of it done this week when I have some stitching time.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Jan 12
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - as I said in the blog last week I was going to try and do two threads a week on this piece.  I have been able to work on this a little bit each day and most days it has just been the two threads that I added. I am enjoying working on this piece and hope to be able to continue the two threads a day for another week and see what the piece looks like. 
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Jan 21

I decided that after working two threads a day on this  piece since last Monday that I was going to spend a bit of time just working on the piece and not carrying how many threads I used. 


I have tried to stay focused on these projects this week and have done a pretty good job.  I know that there are a lot of other projects that I would love to be working on but I need to try and at least keep Swan moving forward so that I can get it done by the end of April.  I am thinking that I may try and add something else for a bit of variety but will see if that actually happens. 

Work is keeping me busy which I always enjoy and I have been finding time in the evenings and on the weekend to spend some time stitching.  I never know what a week is going to be like so I try and make sure that when I have a bit of time to stitch I try and do just that.  Having the different projects means that depending on how much time I have I normally have something that I can work on.

It is now time to get some work done and I will see how much stitching time I will find this week.

No comments: